Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

261 - 265 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Got out to the track this past weekend and the only one that was open around us due to rain was an 1/8th mile track. First time out in 2 years so it was nice to knock some of the dust off. Bringing 2 kids to the track was fun too but a lot more packing toys and stuff to do besides the normal track day stuff.

The tune on the VP C85 was a little iffy launching and the burnout but was having a hard time getting my Woolich to write to the ECU due to a windows upgrade. Think fixing the tune might help a bit with the 60' as well. Probably doesn't help that I was 215 in boxers that morning, so guessing close to 225ish suited. The no baffle probably isn't helping anything either with the launch.

Curios to see what it does in the 1/4 and what it traps. It was 129 pretty much all day with that one 130 pass. Best passes before when it was going 8.8s it was only trapping 125ish and I was 20lbs lighter lol. Race body work and carbon wheels helped make up the difference thought :)

Overall to go 5.7s at my weight and not going to the track in 2 years I was happy and glad to race it again. Any guesses what it'll do in the 1/4 in a few weeks? I want to go back out 1 more time this year sometime in October.

My little helper!

·
Registered
284 Posts
that my man is stupid fast fast considering weight/60ft/mph. any time rider ur weight runs 130 in eigth, on a stk bore 1k, great power. in the 60's with a 1.40, light rider will fly. as far as baffle, brock states his open sidewinder has a problem between 5-6 k maintaining steady rpm that cant be tuned out. baffle in fixes. just did dyno tests on a stk 14r except head on u4.4, baffle in 220/130 ft lbs torque, baffle out +3 hp, -3 torque.btw he just got to track, ran 5.60 class as usual, 1.303 60 ft, 3.507 330 ft, 5.421/121.46 on the brakes/throttle shut trying not to break out lol. his only other previous pass was soft launch testing bike/track 1,398 60 ft, 5.50/129.85. give u a idea of what u have.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Nice times for sure! I just picked up 4th gen that im seting up for the track. Any tips you can share my way?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
that my man is stupid fast fast considering weight/60ft/mph. any time rider ur weight runs 130 in eigth, on a stk bore 1k, great power. in the 60's with a 1.40, light rider will fly. as far as baffle, brock states his open sidewinder has a problem between 5-6 k maintaining steady rpm that cant be tuned out. baffle in fixes. just did dyno tests on a stk 14r except head on u4.4, baffle in 220/130 ft lbs torque, baffle out +3 hp, -3 torque.btw he just got to track, ran 5.60 class as usual, 1.303 60 ft, 3.507 330 ft, 5.421/121.46 on the brakes/throttle shut trying not to break out lol. his only other previous pass was soft launch testing bike/track 1,398 60 ft, 5.50/129.85. give u a idea of what u have.
Thank you. Hope to lose a few lbs before the next track day and I know I'm super rusty from not racing for 2 years. That ZX14 is flying! I'm guessing that zx14 kept the baffle in? Seems like it was a perfect give and take of hp/tq with the baffle.

ever notice grudge bikes blow a puff of black smoke launched? add a little fuel at launch rpm, will get u out of hole harder.
Thank you! Thank you for all the tips and tricks over the years, I'm very grateful for all the info you've shared! I'm hopeful I can get the tune figured out better for coming out of the hole. After losing my tune by my battery losing too much voltage I'm super nervous to try and flash it unless it's hooked up to a tender. But I've got a big parking lot not too far from the house I can go to to try and get things dialed in a bit

Nice times for sure! I just picked up 4th gen that im seting up for the track. Any tips you can share my way?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What kinda tips are you looking for? I tried to document most of everything I've done in the thread. Kind of a long read but some might get something out of it if you went through the whole thread lol

261 - 265 of 265 Posts