Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
headed out for japan in a couple days for the next three years. yesterday packed up all my stuff including the bike. kind of depressing watching the movers strap my bike into their truck. good news is that i've sent the bike up to my friends house for storage so when i come back to visit the u.s. i can ride it from time to time.

i'll be living in a little town called iwakuni just an hour south of hiroshima. not much out there but there are some good twisties provided i can find a decent bike. been doing some research and it seems that 250cc and below make up the majority of the two wheel population in japan. the smaller motors are exempt from government inspections so most of japanese riders prefer the 250s. i'm kind of a big guy for a 250 but i'll see what i can get. bringing my 10 wasn't an option. too many inspections and time/money involved to make it worth my while.

i'll keep ya'll posted and put up some pics once i secure some wheels and get some seat time.

:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Be safe enjoy & Tune in now & then:thumbsup:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I was in Iwakuni for a few months last year for some training before we deployed to Iraq, dude you are going to have fun for sure, that place is wild man I could go on for days about the crazy shit that happens, and yes the roads are good down near Hirushima in the mountians.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Lucky bastage! :lol: I want to go there so bad. I even hate cold and I want to be there, WTF?!?!?!? Good luck dude !!:thumbsup::eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
:thumbsup:I was stationed in Iwakuni in 96' 97' I had the time of my life there, always something to do, and this was back in the day, so I know it's better now. In fact, I'm trying to get stationed there again (UNACCOMPANIED):wink: Don't worry if you are a Sgt or above, you will be riding in no time.

:eek:ccasion1
Good Luck

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I spent some time in Japan many years ago. The rules might be different now but there sure were a lot of bigger bikes running around back then. Don't commit the same mistake I did. I spent too much time on local pleasures and no time on touring the country and doing the tourist thing. I knew I was going to be there 2 years and I always thought there would be time. But time ran out way too quick. Have fun and good luck.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Enjoy being locked down and restricted to base or your house for the next who knows how long...I would try and hold off on coming over for a couple of weeks so maybe the restrictions will be lifted by the time you get here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts