Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Damn tough break for Nicky... Well there is always 2 more Haydens to :rockwoot: for!

·
Registered
522 Posts
you never know??? :dontknow:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Don't anyone sleep on Andrea Dovizioso, that boy is bad, I think once he finds his groove, he would be untouchable... think about it this way, he was battling Jorge Lorenzo just last season in 250 gp, and look at where lorenzo is now!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me. Nicky never seemed to have much respect from the folks at Honda, even after winning the world championship for them. He never seems to get the best parts/bikes. I think it is largely a US vs. Euro political point of view on Honda's part. It might be fun to see him with another ride. He has talent and the desire and perhaps he would flourish in another team.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Hmm Wonder if Nicky will consider Team Mean Green :wink:

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me. Nicky never seemed to have much respect from the folks at Honda, even after winning the world championship for them. He never seems to get the best parts/bikes. I think it is largely a US vs. Euro political point of view on Honda's part. It might be fun to see him with another ride. He has talent and the desire and perhaps he would flourish in another team.

:+1:

Wins the title, and has to have it written in his new contract that he gets the same equipments as his teammate. WTF??

I think Ducati is still interested... They'd have to get rid of Marco Melandri, but he probably wouldn't mind since he hasn't been able to come to terms with the Ducati.

Chris

·
Registered
337 Posts
lets hope not if he wants to win. Team Green doesnt seem to care to much about winning but hopefully Hopper can help develope the bike and they will actually put some money and effort into it.
There is no doubt in my mind that Hopper will turn that Kawi around! He is still tweaking a lot of things from how Randy de Puniet had the bike set up... But once he gets that thing dialed in... ITS GAME OVER! :rockwoot:

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
There is no doubt in my mind that Hopper will turn that Kawi around! He is still tweaking a lot of things from how Randy de Puniet had the bike set up... But once he gets that thing dialed in... ITS GAME OVER! :rockwoot:

Oh I have no doubt that Hopper with a good ride could really contend it's just whether or not kawi would put enough effort into their racing team is all.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Oh I have no doubt that Hopper with a good ride could really contend it's just whether or not kawi would put enough effort into their racing team is all.
:+1: true true, I really hope that they stretch, because my dude hopper has been underrated for some time now!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
lets hope not if he wants to win. Team Green doesnt seem to care to much about winning but hopefully Hopper can help develope the bike and they will actually put some money and effort into it.
Green cant buy a win

·
Registered
794 Posts
He will end up like Edwards. On some 2nd rate team fighting for top 10 finishes, ya know, kinda like he's doin now.:lol:
I was never impressed with Nicky here in the AMA. I always thought his AMA Superbike championship was a fluke with all of his competition on 750s. He still went to almost the last round fighting to keep points lead from with EBoz on that crusty ZX7 .. :crackup:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,058 Posts
:+1:I think your dead on xray. Country boy in the big city type of feel...US vs. Europe. I hope he picks up a first rate ride and cleans house.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
:+1: true true, I really hope that they stretch, because my dude hopper has been underrated for some time now!

i pull for team green but i don't understand all the love given to hopper???...dude has been riding at the Gp level for 6 years and has something like 4 podiums.....if he wasn't american he would be so out of there....i think he was brought up way too fast and now considers himself one of the best riders in the world....maybe he is..:dontknow:....if this was baseball he would be sent back down to the miners to work on his skills...i think he has grown to content at the Gp level and really doesn't appreciate it as much as some of the other racers that had to really work their way up to that level....the last time i thought he was really giving it all he had and was frustrated was a couple seasons ago..i forget which race now...when he had the mechanical and had to pull off the track and started kicking the crap out of the bike....i know he has been injured on and off but i just don't see where is all this greatness that everyone else can see in him that i don't....let the flaming begin....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I am surprised that Nicky even resigned with Honda last time. Nicky was way to kind to Honda after the shit he go dumped on him by Honda in 06. Nicky's days are probably numbers in MotoGP unless he can get a Yamaha ride like Edwards. Nicky is a better racer than Edwards. If Nicky could get the same bike then there would be a renewed career for Nicky in GP.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts