Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
i wouldnt mind grabbin one for a winter project but i dont feel confident about the how-to that the forum provides. i need more pics in sync w each step

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I agree... a pictoral step-by-step would be helpful. I am thinking about doing the cam and head gasket this winter.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
If I want to purchase cams, who can provide the website?

Thanks
fyi it is our responsibility to keep this site up and running and w that said as a supporting member you should always give our sponsored retailers a shot before purchasing from an outside vendor. you do this buy posting a bulletin in the "sponsor/group buy" section, requesting your item. most likely youll friend our friend/member dewayne of cycle concepts w the deals!

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
I agree... a pictoral step-by-step would be helpful. I am thinking about doing the cam and head gasket this winter.
seriously! im a hands-on learner and a pic-to-pic would instill great confidence.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i think 5-6 hp

i say we start a group buy and see how many people will buy one if they give us a discount. If that goes down u can count me in.

i will do a step by step, picture by picture this winter when it gets cold. i also plan to do the headgasket as well

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
i think 5-6 hp

i say we start a group buy and see how many people will buy one if they give us a discount. If that goes down u can count me in.

i will do a step by step, picture by picture this winter when it gets cold. i also plan to do the headgasket as well
im down for that let me know if you get one together!

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Cams, Headgasket. Im in for a deal!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Dang, the cam is on the shelf in case I choose to use it after testing. hahaha I hate being late again.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
i think 5-6 hp

:badteeth: :thumbsup:
if you can give me a rep worthy how-to and we get some reasonable prices then my wallets open.

·
Registered
700 Posts
seriously! im a hands-on learner and a pic-to-pic would instill great confidence.
Im not trying to be a dick but if you need a Pic by pic install for a cam you should really look into having someone else install it for you or at least help you.

If you were close by i would help you put it in i just don’t wont to see anyone bend some valves.

Its really not hard but you should watch someone first.(LOl I have built at least 50-75 motors and i had the indicator setup at the wrong angle when i did my cam so even with experience you can make mistakes) Ive had the motro apart 2times since then though and it was dead on even though the indicator was set up wrong.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
$84 is cheap.. shoot, I'll buy one and sit on it till I get a chance to put it in.

if there is a GB put me down. If non of the sponsors want to do it, I'll get one going. I know I'll need 10 buyers.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Won't your mechanic fit it for free when the valve clearances are checked? The cams have to come out to fit the shims so I don't see any need for an installation charge, or a full charge anyway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts