Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALPINESTARS SPINNER LEATHER MOTORCYCLE JACKET

1.2-1.4mm full-grain leather for excellent abrasion resistance. // CE certified elbow and shoulder protectors. // Relaxed fit. + Zip operated ventilation. // Removable quilted vest. // Strategically placed micro perforated leather. // Adjustable waist. // 2 external pockets and 1 large internal pocket. // Back protector compartment with a foam back pad (CE certified RC back protector available as accessory).

I was looking for a leather jacket and this seems to fit the bill not to mention it's in a size I can fit into. I usually wear textile jackets so looking for some opinions on this one. MSRP is a$320 and I can get it for around $220-$240 shipped to my door. I need a 3xl since my 2xl icon fits like a large and b/c I need a large size my options are very limited. Should I jump on this?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Here is a link to the jacket.

http://www.alpinestars.com/Spinner_Leather_Jacket/pd/np/120/p/310285.html

Looks like a good jacket to me. Its just about the same specs as most other jackets. Just as long as you know it fits well and if you like the look. The only thing I don't know is if it has plastic elbow/shoulder pads. I have the plastic shelled pads and love them. They are good protection for if you go down. When I layed my bike down I didn't even feel going down (It wasn't a hard crash anyway). That's the only thing I would suggest looking for. Astars makes nice stuff so you should be fine. A few buddies have their gear and I like the look and quality.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Post a picture of it. if its the one i am thinking of then go for it. i have that jacket and love the way it fits. i am 6 foot 250lbs all man and i year an xl. go try them on at a local shop before you buy it online

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

I'll see what I can find on the elbow/ shoulder pads. I think I tried one on months back and the fit was good in that size 6'3 265. Checked into the sizing on their website and 3xl is 49 1/4"-50 3/4" in the chest...I'm right at 50 1/4" so this should be perfect assuming the sizing is right. Looks like a nice jacket and I think that price is rather competitive.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
You don't have to worry about quality when it comes to AStars stuff so as long as it fits, go for it. I switched from Dainese stuff to AStars in '99 and have been pleased with every piece of gear I've bought.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My biggest problem with buying gear online is you don't know exactly how they'll fit. Sure you can go to a local dealer and try them on before you buy, but they never seem to have the exact model or the right size. I wear XXL and not all XXL’s feel the same.

Have any of you heard of 50% OFF GEAR in Las Vegas? Huge store, they have a website www.50offgear.com. The store just opened last fall and currently they don’t have any online sales. Basically everything in the store is 50% off all the time. You can get any Jacket, Boot, Glove, helmet, and even tires for 50% off. My Suomy Extreme Dragon helmet that I just purchased last October for $650 (which I thought was a good deal) was selling for $350, the same exact model.

I plan on traveling to Vegas this spring to load up on all kinds of gear. I’ve talked to five of my fellow riders here in Sac and everyone wants to join me on the trip.

Has anyone else heard of this place?? Care to elaborate…

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
phastone said:
You don't have to worry about quality when it comes to AStars stuff so as long as it fits, go for it. I switched from Dainese stuff to AStars in '99 and have been pleased with every piece of gear I've bought.
good to know, I've used quite a few brands myself but never tried alpinstars (primairly b/c my local shops don't carry much of it )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts