Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have ordered from ebay seller 1729mily one set of those great looking adjustable rearsets that come with logos or Arashi/ Mad Moto / Area 22 that are identical. I had the best experience with the seller as i bought them at a very reasonable price and they had send them with DHL courier. When i got the rearsets they where better than what the pictures showed on ebay. Now on installation i had a minor issue as they are actually 3mm thinner than stock rearsets at the point where you bolt them on the frame with that creating an issue with the gear shifter rod. So i made from aluminum 4 × 3mm thick spacers outter diameter 20mm and internal diameter of 8.5mm to fit the 8mm bolts. As i had a quick shifter on stock rearsets my rod was shorter the rod that comes with the rearsets was really longer. So after installing and taking them off a few times i used the stock kawasaki rod and i ended up having the left rearset perfectly installed. Now on the break side rearset the installation is easier as is direct bolt on assembly if you have extended brake hose line ready. If not you will need to cut two small pieces of aluminum to be able to install the brake pump at the place where the stock rearsets have it. For the brake light switch you can have it installed directly on the rearsets as they have a holder allready if the holder was 1.5 cm longer ofcourse it would have been handy but still works as is. Anyway the 1927mily products are actually excellent from what i have experienced.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I wouldn't trust those as far you can throw it ....
Imo ... Return for refund asap and get real rear sets ....

I know two guys with Chinese rear sets and they broke mid corner from just foot pressure and crashed!!
Garbage I wouldn't trust my
Life with... Don't cheap out with critical
Components ... Buy tried and true crashed tested ... Ride safe ... Cheers

·
Registered
837 Posts

I know two guys with Chinese rear sets and they broke mid corner from just foot pressure and crashed!!
I had some well known and expensive rear-sets break on me on my gen1.

Admittedly they were 2nd hand, but still didn't expect gear lever to shear right off when riding

wrote (e mail) to the company involved and after a bit of hassle eventually got a replacement part

needless to say I removed the rear-sets and would never have that make again

Not sure I would trust Chinese either mind

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Guys I don't know what to say but I wouldn't spend 500-700 euros for brand name rearsets that at the end of the day they would brake as to be honest with our selves after a crash the metals would have started to get weaker, in a manner that you should expect them to break eventually at another point. Now if the rearsets from China costs 120 euros that came in 6 days as a set it would be the same price for me to buy one original peg, the original rod and the component that attaches on the engine to change the gear and wait for it for 2-3 weeks to come from Netherlands. Anyway I didn't have an issue with my stock rearsets and looked for a replacement but I saw a set of those on a ducati and they where looking decent so I said I ll try them. For the time being as they are still new they are actually working perfectly now for the future I ll see if they will Rust or see any material disformation because if they broke for the other guy on the curve I am sure there must have disformed or been on an accident before but OK sometimes there is a factory error and or material failure. And I would want to go for a crash test with my bike. Time will show.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

Absolutely right. Do NOT use any questionable parts in a critical area. The forces put into those pegs are huge. Even a foot slipping on a peg can be very problematic let alone failure.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Can your order replacement parts for those knock off rear sets?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Can your order replacement parts for those knock off rear sets?
I am not a dealer or a seller of them I am only trying to help other people that are thinking to buy a set of those on what I needed to install them. Even though I already talled them about the washers and they will include it for the gen3 zx10r, but you can email the seller on eBay 1729mily Ill add the link for you.

CNC Adjustable Rearset Foot Rest Pegs For Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R 2008-2010 Black | eBay

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,721 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,721 Posts
I will add after using Chinese rearsets and seller 1729mily (not rearsets from that particular reseller though), that the anodizing will fade quickly and the hardware is cheap.

There were posts like this back in '06 and I bought a set for my Gen 2. They worked well for awhile. Within a few months the finish started to fade. The plastic buttons in the footpeg ends got "lost" as they fell out and are on the side of a mysterious road somewhere. I was constantly tightening the footpegs (even after using threadlock) as they would loosen from repositioning your feet on them. The metal and hardware bend over time from weighting the pegs and the pegs start to droop down. Very noticeable from behind. Luckily I totaled the bike before they broke. But the constant attention from tightening the pegs and not overtightening the shifter and brake bolts so you had free movement without dragging made it more tedious than anything else. I wish I hadn't wasted the money quite honestly on them.

Your results may vary though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts