Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding for 12 years now and I always use a good quality leather jacket with protections when I ride. I never before felt the need for a full set of leathers but since I've got the 10 I've been debating over it.
I do street riding mostly with 1 or 2 track days per year.
What are the pro's and con's of the 1 piece suit against the 2 piece?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
2 piece, especially when the nature calls :lol: Seriously though you don't need a 1 piece suit if you are only doing 1-2 track days a year. There will be times when you only want to wear the jacket. And most pants zip to the jacket making them almost like a 1 piece. By Kangaroo he means kangaroo leather which is stronger but also more expensive. If you fall and slide, cowhide will protect you just as much and if you fall and hit something you'll break your bones no matter what leather you have.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
2 piece = versitile and looser overall fit
1 piece = better overall fit, less tendency to blow apart on impact AND when ya suit up your completely protected instead of 1/2assed with just a jacket.

BD

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
pedrodani said:
Is the 1 piece pratical for general street riding?
thats all i have but then i prefer it that way. The 1 piece instills a bit of 'yea i'm protected' type confidence when riding however thats not to say your bullet proof cuz we know thats not so but...........

BD

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I have two piece dainese leather I wish I bought 1 piece. I still had to buy a textile jacket for summer. Wear my 2 piece leather for canyon riding.

·
Registered
250 Posts
:popcorn:

I have the same questions... I had always worn just a leather jacket and jeans but I'm now leaning to the 1 piece mainly because the 10 will be my main means of transpo to/from work = 135 miles of freeway (with some mountain roads) riding a day.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Big Daddy said:
2 piece = versitile and looser overall fit
1 piece = better overall fit, less tendency to blow apart on impact AND when ya suit up your completely protected instead of 1/2assed with just a jacket.

BD
:+1:

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would say it all depends on how you are going to use the suit. If you are doing shorty rides with more stops, a 2 piece. If you are doing many track days or burning up the canyons, 1 piece.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have.....both!!
1 piece for fast road/track and my 2 piece for general errrr....fast road and the occasional track day!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ZXyogi said:
I have.....both!!
1 piece for fast road/track and my 2 piece for general errrr....fast road and the occasional track day!!
Hey Yogi mate,
where do you feel 'more at home' when riding on street, w/ the 1 or 2 piece?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts