Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been looking all over the internet and haven't found anything, so i though i'd ask here...

Does anyone know if you can buy an Aero/back Hump (or what ever you may want to call it) to be installed on a suit which originally didnt have one??? And if so, where?!? I recently bought myself a Gen2 (http://zx-10r.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=12466&c=5) with a few extra performance goodies and as I live in Germany where I can drive a bit faster, I am thinkin a bit more about aerodynamics. :helmet:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
No such thing as I've ever heard of. The hump has to be integrated into the construction of the suit. I guess you could split open a leather jacket and have one made but you would be better off just buying a jacket/pants that has a hump, I think.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Fang is right. Needs to be designed I to the suit. You could get a back protector. It would protect your back but wouldn't have the look
A nice advantage to the back hump also is it really smooths the airflow over your head and back, a lot less turbulence.

I don't have the most expensive one-piece by any means, it's an Alpinestars SP-1 but the quality and construction is better even than the custom race suit I had made back in 2000. The back hump ventilates and protects and helps smooth the airflow when you tuck in just a little.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hey guys, I've been looking all over the internet and haven't found anything, so i though i'd ask here...

Does anyone know if you can buy an Aero/back Hump (or what ever you may want to call it) to be installed on a suit which originally didnt have one??? And if so, where?!? I recently bought myself a Gen2 (http://zx-10r.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=12466&c=5) with a few extra performance goodies and as I live in Germany where I can drive a bit faster, I am thinkin a bit more about aerodynamics. :helmet:
Nice looking bike, dude. Be safe out there.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
The pic in your album says 190hp. ..where'd that number come from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys, and no, still haven't found nothing...

Nice looking bike, dude. Be safe out there.
Thanks WhiteFang! :eek:ccasion1

The pic in your album says 190hp. ..where'd that number come from?
That number came from the computer when it got dyno'd. That's also at the block, not the wheel. I've got some stuff done to the bike: Powercommander 3, sparkplugs, airfilter, exhaust and tons of other stuff (though majority are visual upgrades). :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts