·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going out there this weekend?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'll be there spooning hoops and turning wrenches for Pirelli. Probably won't get much time to ride until late in the day, but I will get out there at some point.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be there spooning hoops and turning wrenches for Pirelli. Probably won't get much time to ride until late in the day, but I will get out there at some point.
Now you want me to load my 04 and wrench the suspension :grin2:.. I'll keep an eye out for your van.. Well, you can always drop by for a beer when the day is over :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
It's so strange that you spoon hoops for Pirelli but ride Michelins :)

Hehe, and my RC51 is shod with Dunlops as I am pretty much an equal opportunity tire whore and will basically run any tire I can get as long as it is cheap or free... :grin2:

On the ZX-10R I have gone back to using Michelin fronts with Pirelli rears which I used to do all the time when Michelin couldn't make a rear tire worth a damn (but their new rears are AWESOME) and I do plan to test the newer Pirelli front again pretty soon.

Ultimately you cannot really go wrong with any of the Race Rubber from the big names when you are riding a trackday pace sure they have some different feel characteristics, but I am not in danger of exceeding any of their limits. I just cruise around at a comfortable pace nowadays and it just doesn't matter what brand of tire I am on as long as the rubber is in decent shape.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Now you want me to load my 04 and wrench the suspension :grin2:.. I'll keep an eye out for your van.. Well, you can always drop by for a beer when the day is over :eek:ccasion1
By all means come by and say hello and definitely bring beer or steal one of mine. it's good either way :wink2:

I won't be tuning suspension though as JPH Suspension will be there for that purpose!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Don't be. It's all cool stuff to have access to, but try making a living off of it... :headshake: Plus the 99.98% of the time when you aren't mounting tires it takes up a ton of room

Same with the lift.
I wont argue with the guy that has one :badteeth: but after a few dealerships leaving your axle loose, unbalanced wheel and tearing tires and have to wait for them to come back in stock, it would be just so tities to have it all right there. I see where you are coming from there though as Just the upper and lower fork stands, rear stand, tool box, compressor, etc. take a lot of room as is. Especially as you mentioned you only use it 1% of the time when you are in the garage, otherwise i am pulling out the lawn mower, weed wacker, paint...lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts