Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
thinking about doing it on my 06.. I'm not looking for the problems tho.. or maybe i am wrong?? i live in a high elevated cold climate could cause problems

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
its good to see people jumping to it. without a doubt its a must try for every 10r owner without question! as many know i take pride and defense in all the post i throw down about the secondaries. rep sent :thumbsup:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
yes, if you have done this mod you know that its basically the same thing as a tre but for free, its a must, on my last dyno run/tune I had removed my secondary's and gained 3hp and gain .6 something in torque. So no loses, only gains. Hope you like the mod!!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I didnt want to at first intell I could tune it on a dyno, so a couple weeks back I had a chance to take them out before my tune and gained 3hp for real, bike woke up, truth it felt like I dropped from a stock 17 tooth sprocket up front to a 16 tooth, a lot more power in the lower rpm's around 2000-4500

·
Registered
680 Posts
I didnt want to at first intell I could tune it on a dyno, so a couple weeks back I had a chance to take them out before my tune and gained 3hp for real, bike woke up, truth it felt like I dropped from a stock 17 tooth sprocket up front to a 16 tooth, a lot more power in the lower rpm's around 2000-4500

This is before your tune? I tried to pick up a PCV today but the place in stuart had just sold it...going to have to order it I guess.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
yes, if you have done this mod you know that its basically the same thing as a tre but for free, its a must, on my last dyno run/tune I had removed my secondary's and gained 3hp and gain .6 something in torque. So no loses, only gains. Hope you like the mod!!
:deadhorse:
hell no, it doesnt do shit like the TRE. the tre for the 10r doesnt give you shit for hp and ivan will show you that with his dyno chart.:rolleyes: :headshake removing the flies altogether damn near eliminates the principle of the tre all together. in short the tre says it opens the secondaries a lil earlier in the rpms and throws it a lil extra fuel but doesnt impact the bike enough to show any power gain just different throttle response. remove the flies and youll gain hp, improve the throttle response and youll still be running a very safe a/f ratio as proven by numerous members to include myself.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Wait, our bikes has butterflies? Only butterflies I know of are the ones I get when I walk into my living room and see all my 10's staring at me!

·
Registered
145 Posts
It's true everything u said..i have a gipro and i had several runs on the dyno with the tre on and off and there was no hp gain..but better throttle respons.specialy in setting #2...
Now if i remove the secondaries and have the gipro on can i still have hp gain and better throttle respons?????

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Wait, our bikes has butterflies? Only butterflies I know of are the ones I get when I walk into my living room and see all my 10's staring at me!
or when your boosting at 7psi and you realize what your doing is a felony then you slam on the break so you dont give every rider out there a bad rap

It's true everything u said..i have a gipro and i had several runs on the dyno with the tre on and off and there was no hp gain..but better throttle respons.specialy in setting #2...
Now if i remove the secondaries and have the gipro on can i still have hp gain and better throttle respons?????
i suppose but overall why waste the money on the tre when you could put it toward a custom tune and youd never even know it was there. trust me, when i purchased my pc3 used the seller threw in the tre for free, i installed it and was happy i didnt pay a dime and if it wasnt a such a pain to install (its harness in deep between the motor and frame) i prob wouldve removed it ans sold it to you suckers but i didnt have the heart to rip ya off:wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts