Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to run a few questions by you all.

If you buy something from a person and the item is listed at a certain price shipped, and then after the transaction is complete figure out that shipping is more costly then you had hoped, what do you do?

1. Eat the cost, ship the item and chalk it up to a bad decision.

2. Email the person explain the situation and ask for more money?

3. Explain that you will be in the area and will be hand delivering his goods to his front door, as he paid for?

4. Explain to the person that you will be some what in the area and he can drive a hundred miles round trip to find his goods sitting on the front porch of a house, out for anyone to walk by and swipe?

Well, good ol number 4 is what I got tonight. Not all that mad about it, just wish things would have been handled a different way. Possibly a "hey I'm sorry"

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
option #1 It is the sellers responsibility to get and figure in the shipping costs. Now if the buyer wants it shipped a certain way like overnight or something then you could ask for more money.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
1 for sure. I've had to that several times. It sucks but should have done more research.

·
Registered
765 Posts
1. If you screw up the shipping estimate, it's your own fault. The buyer made the purchase, paying a mutually agreed upon price. Honor it.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
You know my opinion, 1 unless there are certain circumstances and then 3 if possible.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
#1.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
#1..FTW.....:lol:anything less is UNACCEPTABLE..

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
this is when you give negative feedback.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I'll gladly give you all of your money back and come and get the fairings.
:dontknow: really...an attitude after pulling that?

You'll drive all the way there to take them back and give him his money back but not do the right thing and drive the extra 100 miles yourself to begin with or just say, "sorry about that, I planned to deliver them to you but stuff happened and I thought that was the next best option."

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are two sides to every story. I'll give his money back or re-imburse for his gas. Whatever he wants.
I never called you out over it, did I? its not worth the time or bad blood over $20, just posted the thread and that was the end of it.

nor did I said anything to the nature of wanting my money back, and even said I wasn't all that mad about it. I do appreciate the refund.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts