Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning(20min long)..click on the “ Watch: Pres. Bush Candid About Iraq” there is
a short 10sec commercial first..the rest is commercial free.
I know there are many that don’t agree with the man but thought I would post his interview on 60minuites TV.
Just like to see how some that disliked his views before if they changed their view any
on what he stands for.

Lets try to keep it civilized on the comments please. :mrgreen:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
talks in circles and says nothing.

I have been supportive and am over it now, still support our troops but don't feel like the gov has looked out for them well enough.

Yes you volunteer to go in, and you should know you are giving up rights to go in, but it is not volunteer as in you can quit and come home so he should lay off the volunteer military rhetoric......and the whole being at war justifying bad things, ignoring laws, taking away rights, doesn't work when you chose the war.
That makes it look like a power grab, as has happened elsewhere in the past with bad results.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
beenthere said:
Poor fella, he is an absolute disaster. Certifiably crazy, I wish I had something good to say about him.
Don't even get me started on his handling of katrina/ New Orleans, I live in Fl, so I can relate a tiny bit just from Anderw and still it's not close. What an embarrassment.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
talks in circles and says nothing.

I have been supportive and am over it now, still support our troops but don't feel like the gov has looked out for them well enough.

Yes you volunteer to go in, and you should know you are giving up rights to go in, but it is not volunteer as in you can quit and come home so he should lay off the volunteer military rhetoric......and the whole being at war justifying bad things, ignoring laws, taking away rights, doesn't work when you chose the war.
That makes it look like a power grab, as has happened elsewhere in the past with bad results......

Don't even get me started on his handling of katrina/ New Orleans, I live in Fl, so I can relate a tiny bit just from Anderw and still it's not close. What an embarrassment.

Maybe you could do a better job as the President?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
ZXTOM said:
Maybe you could do a better job as the President?
And maybe if I could raise billions of dollars to bid on the purchase of the presidency we could find out.

I certainly didn't want to see Kerry in there but now I'm not even sure about that.

But hey at least I have an idea of how pissed off the country was during Vietnam war, since we barely touch on that in US public schools at least when I was attending.

I am pretty good at choosing multiple choice, not like he is alone up there.

How 'bout Katrina? didn't know it was so bad, turn on a tv, the news got there how 'bout some help. That alone is enough for me to turn on him.

300 days vacation in 6 yrs, I'd like that schedule.

And now watch Jeb Bush try to figure out how to be pres, he may wait one election to run.

300 days vacation in 6 yrs, I'd like that schedule.

At least I got an A in public speaking.....would have failed giving floundering speeches like he does.

Friggin practice- it's part of the job.

46 million Americans without health insurance and 12 million illegals getting medical free, yeah I'm pissed.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
swjohnsey said:
I certainly could. Can you believe this guy graduated from Yale and Harvard?

I really hope you dont really think that.... Have you ever met the President, In reality he is a smart guy just a shitty speaker....

Most of what you know of him comes from CNN, MSNBC, and so on....

The media is a bunch of bullshit, dont believe anything you hear on TV.... The media puts a twist on reality at every chance they get, and thats a fact...

Its not about the truth, its about TV ratings, and the more drama the more people will watch....

NOBODY had a problem when those Fuck'in bastards blew up the two towers and Bush went to war over that....

It's sad to say but maybe we need to have soemthing like that happen ever few years like it is in parts of the world so people will realize that there IS people out there that want to kill you!!

Countrys like Iraq, Iran, etc.. are breeding grounds for terroist... and to top it all off Sadam was a fucking crazy pile of shit.... His ways were just like Hitler and all the evil crap that he did... I mean, he used chemical weapons on his own people....

I once thought like you, why are we helping other countries.. I remember my first deployment going to Bosnia where they were killing people by the thousands for absolutely no reason, I'm talking women, children, fuck'in babies dude!....

I was thinking on the plane ride over there I was pissed cause I had to go and protect these people that weren't even Americans... After about a month of being in country and seeing what was going on and all the fucked up shit, mass graves, burning homes and the look on people's faces as we would roll through the towns, a look relief, gratitude and smiles.......

I thought to myself, I was willing to take a bullet for these people, I almost felt guilty for living and growing up in America where we have all the opportunities to be or do what ever we want.... I have lived a better life be the time I was 12 than these people will when there are 40, if they make it that far...

And all the other places I've been like this, not a week goes by that I dont think about what is burned into my mind like pictures in time, and I will never regret anything I did or have done to serve this country and any President that may have been in office at that time.....

If we dont stop this kind of thing, nobody else will... These people dont have the opportunity you and I have, even a fuck'in bum in San francisco has the opportunity to go get a job and better himself....

I dont know, call me crazy or maybe I just have a fuck'in HEART!!.... It just sounds & feels selfish to sit back and watch all this screwed up shit go down around the world, and knowing we have the power to do something about it!!.... I'm not one to sit back and watch it all go down....

I want everyone to have the same freedom and opportunity that I have all around the world because I love my life and I have great job and I get to ride a motorcycle when and where ever I want.... and I dont have to worry about some fuck'in jerks bust'in into my home and killing my family because they dont like the way I look....

·
Registered
696 Posts
swjohnsey said:
I certainly could. Can you believe this guy graduated from Yale and Harvard?
Sure. The guy was a legacy and skated by. Wealth gets you far in the Ivy Leagues.

Bush is a spoiled brat who probably never heard the word 'no' when he was growing up and obviously has a lot of trouble taking responsibility for his actions. And he ain't no plain spoken good ol' ranchin boy from Texas, either. No matter how hard they try and sell that image.

Blah, why even get started on this? :dontknow: Bashing the guy serves no purpose at this point (even though it is easier than ever to do). Congress needs to man up and deny funds to Bush's new 'plan' which is only going to get us further into this quagmire.

You gotta love how Bush is saying the generals all back his plan when just weeks earlier any generals who opposed his ideas were dismissed and replaced with Bush 'yes' men. See here under 'Generals replaced'

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/05/us.iraq/index.html

I could see a ramp up of troops now if it really was part of a well thought out plan to withdraw within the next 6 months. But I don't believe for a minute that is what Bush has in mind and, as usual, I expect almost anything with Bush's hands on it to be completely botched (and then of course blamed by Bush supporters on Democrats).

·
Registered
489 Posts
i am crossing my fingers that the troop build-up is not a downpayment for his next pet project, Iran. Hopefully someone can scramble his celestial communications and leave him without a clue about what to do. For the world's sake.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
"I really hope you dont really think that.... Have you ever met the President, In reality he is a smart guy just a shitty speaker.... "

Actually, I have met him, had an opportunity to talk to him one on one for 'bout half an hour when he was runnin' for governor. He is as bright in person as he appears on the air.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
How 'bout Katrina? didn't know it was so bad, turn on a tv, the news got there how 'bout some help. That alone is enough for me to turn on him.
I wasn't there but I know people that went there to help and I heard stories of most of the locals just standing there wanting hand outs and not doing anything to help them selves or help the volunteer wrokers that were there...

I think handing out goverment issue debit cards was a whole lot more than what would have happened anywhere else in the world.....

The fact is that the marjority of people in New Orleans are on welfare that you and me pay for and something goes down and they dont even want to help them selves.... The goverment relotcated a shit load of these people for months for free, yea it may have took a few days or weeks but its not something that can happen over night....

Maybe it could have been handled a little better, but its not like we were prepared for an entire city to be wiped out by a storm....

ZX10Miami said:
46 million Americans without health insurance and 12 million illegals getting medical free, yeah I'm pissed.
This problem goes back to the bills and policys that Bill Cilton put in motion and once something is set its not that easy to go backwards...

Its really funny how the public blames Bush for things he had no control over... but that goes into the hands of the media....

I'm sure its not easy being the President and I'm not saying that Bush is perfect but there is sooooooo much shit that goes on that we do not know about, and the media only focuses on the negatives cause for some reason the public feeds off that....

Do people really think that if someone different was in office eveything will be fixed? I dont think so....

It takes 4-6 years when a President makes a decision for that decision to trickle down and effect people like us.... Every new President spends his first term dealing with all the stuff that the previous Persident put in motion....

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I read a book call "Blink", that had a spot on an ex Vietnam vet who was hired by the governement to act as a rogue dictator in a war simulation before we stepped foot in Iraq. In the simulation, the U.S. took out communications and THOUGHT they crippled this guy because they could track him and his actions easily if he picked up a cell phone/radio. The "dictator", knowing that using radio/cell phone communications was death, went low tech and used flashlights to communicate, and put 16 U.S. ships on the ocean floor in the simulation. The US was defeated because of assumptions and obviously didn't like the results, then changed the rules of engagement and won because they didn't like the outcome. My point behind this true story is that we went in (justifiably IMHO) but stand to lose because we failed to consider all the threats I.E. insurgency in populated areas where you don't know who the enemy is. Sorry for the length, but I think the U.S. has to do a gut check on how we fight a war and not assume we are predestined to win. Just my 2 cents.

BTW, the best offense is a good defense and let's take a look at our borders.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
swjohnseyActually said:
You really met the President? (I'm not trying to argue with you) I met Bill Cilton once and it was pretty cool to meet the President...

What were you doing at the time you had a chance to speak with him? What did you discuss with him?

·
Registered
903 Posts
ZXTom you make some very good observations in my opinion. Reps to you..

I don't know about that book McHaggis, but I think in summary you also have a good point.

Bush haters should consider that there are many people out there that would just as soon cut off their head as well as mine. They are out to kill us. Think it will be easy to stop?

There's no easy answer boys and girls...

·
Still here
9,059 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ugh.................. I hate political discussions.

It almost seems as it's becoming 'in style' to hate the president... to me that's damn scary.

And I happen to agree with everything ZXTOM has said so far.:wink:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
ZXTOM said:
I wasn't there but I know people that went there to help and I heard stories of most of the locals just standing there wanting hand outs and not doing anything to help them selves or help the volunteer wrokers that were there...

I think handing out goverment issue debit cards was a whole lot more than what would have happened anywhere else in the world.....

The fact is that the marjority of people in New Orleans are on welfare that you and me pay for and something goes down and they dont even want to help them selves.... The goverment relotcated a shit load of these people for months for free, yea it may have took a few days or weeks but its not something that can happen over night....

Maybe it could have been handled a little better, but its not like we were prepared for an entire city to be wiped out by a storm....
Soooo sad, and soooo true. Unsure on the percentages since katrina.. many of the leaches did not return. ...months? there are people STILL recievieng rent assistance. Won't even go into those that never had to pay any rent to start with.

As for the federal Government stepping in... there's this thing called States Sovereign rights..

states' rights, in U.S. history, doctrine based on the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, which states, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” The term embraces both the doctrine of absolute state sovereignty that was espoused by John C. Calhoun and that of the so-called strict constructionist interpretation of the U.S. Constitution, which reserves to the state governments all powers not specifically granted by that document to the federal government.

That bitch of a Governer did not want to give up her authority/control. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts