Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
you can run the 07-08 gixxer 1k shock as well if you want to drop the ass end of the bike a little, and it rides like a cadillac . that's just a "thought" and opinion anyway. i run a re-valved one on my 04' and i really like it and i've tried a few different "stock" shock setups. but then again i don't ride the track or strip, just some spirited street riding. i ended up with 2 of them and a zx6 shock along with one from the 03-04 gixxer 1k. they're all slightly different heights so it just depends on what you're looking to do with the bike i guess.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man...I am just trying to stretch and lower the bike. I have a strut on there now and its killing my back at the moment. I like how low the bike is sitting with the strut but I just cant stand the ride. Do you think the gixxer shock will fix that problem?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
how much do you weight ? if your lightweight stock shock will work but if your 200 + the busa shock will work best.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Thanks man...I am just trying to stretch and lower the bike. I have a strut on there now and its killing my back at the moment. I like how low the bike is sitting with the strut but I just cant stand the ride. Do you think the gixxer shock will fix that problem?
I weigh about 165 and actually am about to shim the shock up a bit to bring the ass end higher but i do love how the gixxer shock rides!! but like zx racer said......if you're heavier then the busa shock may work best for you.i'm just not 100% sure on the mount height for the busa shock? but i have tried shocks from a ZX6,03' gixxer 1K, and 08 gixxer 1K, i just like the 08 gixxer shock (i have a spare one too :mrgreen:) because they have been re-valved and ride like a dream. or at least i love the hell out of it!:badteeth:

·
Registered
779 Posts
I went 1.42 sixty foot in a wheelie with a Gen 1 busa shock, im 145 lbs they ain't too bad for a light weight. I'm bout to put a Gen 2 busa shock on cause it has better valveing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts