Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
This stand looks awesome.... German engineering!

Interested to see if anyone has this stand or what people's thoughts are- I'd probably buy one. Looks easy to use and very sturdy.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Similar concept to the Abba stand available over here, but looks ace !

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have my R1 track bike on a knock off version. Very good bit of gear. I'm sure the Bursig is top notch given it costs nearly 4 times what mine did. I wouldn't worry about the mounting point, you'll barely notice it, if you look at the linked video carefully you can see it's quite insignificant.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Similar concept to the Abba stand available over here, but looks ace !
I like the Abba stand too, but much more involved in hooking up. I'd rather pull into the garage, slap the stand on, swing the bike around and put it in the parking spot.

The Abba stand requires a lot of hooking up to both sides and strapping. It's a cool stand for in depth maintenance though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
almost bought one of these myself... they look like a garage/space saver for sure.

The mounting point i was kinda worried about to.. how large that bracket is. I could not find a clear picture of a zx10r gen 4 with it.

If you search hard you may be able to find a 10% off coupon code for it.. When i was looking i found one on downshift83's facebook. not sure if his code still works or not.. the code was downshift83 for 10% off at there website BURSIG USA Motorcycle Stands

·
Registered
153 Posts
however that stand would be needed if rider did the forks. Depends upon the rider.
And more, you can strip the bike down almost to just engine and frame with this stand. That said I don't like working on the bike when it's on this stand if I can avoid it. Although the bike is definitely secure it sort of wobbles or moves around a little. Also the stand itself kind of gets in the way sometimes. When I can I much prefer using conventional rear stand and front stem lift stand. I also have a bike lift so that helps too! :lol:

Reactions: scout

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Expensive? Yes!

Useful?

OMG Yes :grin2:

I like I can pull it in to the Baxley stand, then connect the Bursig and lift. I can also lower it back in the Baxley.

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
Expensive? Yes!

Useful?

OMG Yes :grin2:

I like I can pull it in to the Baxley stand, then connect the Bursig and lift. I can also lower it back in the Baxley.
Very nice! Can you show a pic of the adapter installed on the bike.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I hear there are 2 height settings that can be used as well. One for general storage and the handle can go further to lift the bike for maintenance work.

Will get one for my Gen 4 when I return from a work trip. Given that it is now white outside and -6C temp. Darn this bloody Made made warming crap. I was riding till mid Nov the last 2 years )).

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hear there are 2 height settings that can be used as well. One for general storage and the handle can go further to lift the bike for maintenance work.

Will get one for my Gen 4 when I return from a work trip. Given that it is now white outside and -6C temp. Darn this bloody Made made warming crap. I was riding till mid Nov the last 2 years )).
You are correct, two height settings.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts