Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the brain wave of using my bike the other day to travel across London, that's England not Ontario and for a change temperature was about 80. Coming back around the famous M25 which mostly involved filtering at about 50mph the seat got so hot that I could hardly sit on it. I've had a sore arse ever since and I can only assume I've burn't it

Anyone got an bright ideas how I can stop the seat getting so hot in future?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
heat shield the bottom of it?
Or stand the whole way.

Maybe just eat more pies to add some padding to your derier

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
which bike?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I have NEVER felt any heat from the seat area of my 06. Only on the inside of my right leg because I don't have my heat shield mounted there. I don't believe I've heard of anyone else feeling any unusual amount of heat from the seat section.

·
Registered
198 Posts
:+1: on the side mount exhaust

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Had a couple bikes that had under tails and its nothing heat wrap or shield cant take care of!! My 05 636/05 r1/07cbr1000rr all had under tails and they never got hot to the point where I had to do anything etc.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Had a couple bikes that had under tails and its nothing heat wrap or shield cant take care of!! My 05 636/05 r1/07cbr1000rr all had under tails and they never got hot to the point where I had to do anything etc.
Heat wrap? Ride faster cools it down!

·
Registered
410 Posts
My '06 has never given me any trouble, and i've been in bumper to bumper traffic on several 90+ degree days.

in fact, of all the literbikes, I thought the ZX10 made the LEAST heat out of any of them. Even the misses was comfortable on the back of it, right above the mufflers (well, she was temperature comfortable, not position comfortable!)

Are the heat shields on? has the bike been modified at all? I'm not sure what aftermarket stuff would do, but my stock 10R runs pretty cool. No discomfort at all.

·
Registered
373 Posts
There is a AC setting on your bike. Its located on the right side, just under your hand. I usually set mine on high and never have any problems keeping cool. Not only can it keep you cool but it can also bring the heat if you use it at the wrong time......

:lol:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Were you sitting most of the time? Also how long are we talking about? I have 08 10R and recently did a couple of 500+ mile days(one day in the 88'F range and the other in 65'F range). I noticed that "hot" feeling, but also noted the seat was not hot to touch.
I am in the medical profession and I actually put the Hot feeling down to pain. Pain can be perceived in different ways, and the hot feeling reminded me of a hot spot that can be felt when wearing a helmet for a long time, or an ill fitting helmet.
The sensation should improve with time.
Hope this helps...my2cents...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts