Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im building a bike for the strip, and i was wanting some advice.
1st im 6'8 265 geared. Im trying to decide weather to run extensions, or a full swing arm. Also what gearing and lenth of chain should i look at. Im intending 1/4 mile passes, but will also do some 1/8. I already dropped the front forks an inch so that took care of the front now to tackle the rear.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
get a used arm and if the engine is stock at your weight she should trap 135ish........... 15/45 gearing with 190/50 tire should put you at around 144mph at 12500 rpm. 15/46 will put you around 141mph at 12500 rpm in 6th gear, with your weight you need as much gear as possible, you want to trap at the end of 6th gear.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
stock chain should be around 108 links, every 10 links adds 3inches, so if you want to stretch her 9 inches you add 30 links to 108 links and you end up with 138 link chain.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This is a random question, but if im running a stock bike with nothing but a stretch and swingarm, do i need something to make the bike not stop like its hitting its governed speed?
like a speedo healer or pc3?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
neither of those will overcome the rev limiter or speed limiter, speedo healer will just make the odometer accurate after u change sprockets, and a PC3 is only used to tune ur A/F ratio for max power through out the entire rpm range in each gear.

The only thing that can overcome the limiter is to have ur ECU flashed to have it removed, but its kind of pointless bec u can remove the speed limiter but if u change ur gearing then ull only be able to go as fast as that gearing will allow and if u remove the rev limiter, at the end of the track ur motor will go KAPLOW!

just gear it for -1,+5 and get a speedohealer. Thats what I run and I top out at 161, but itll be lower for u because of ur gigantic stature and weight.

·
Registered
57 Posts
would the sprockets be diff sizes if im doing 1/8 instead of 1/4?

Thanks
you can run the same gear in the 1/4 as you would in the 1/8

on my bike i ran 15/44 1/4m also worked gud in 1/8m
15/46 1/8 ran like a mofo good et but wouldnt make it thru 1/4 :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts