Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody else get Car and Driver? I got my issue a few days ago and they tested (drove) the new Veyron. Heres a few specs
Engine: Quad-turbocharged & intercooled 64 valve W16, 488 cu. in.
Power:1001 bhp at 6000 rpm (net)
Torque:922 lb-ft at 2200 rpm (net)
Top speed: 253 mph :eyecrazy:
Base price: A cool 1.25 million

This bad boy is the new fastest production car ever. Of course its got the usual bunch of little tricks that you would expect in something like this. And maybe its just me, but doesnt putting 4 turbos on this type of car seem sort of cheating? Nothing against turbocharging but to me it seems like something you and your buddies would throw on your hot rod over the weekend, not something that would come in a million dollar plus car. Regardless,still a bad ride

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Do you think it could do 253 mph in the city? Stoplight to stoplight. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
1killer1liter said:
Do you think it could do 253 mph in the city? Stoplight to stoplight. :rolleyes:
no but I bet it'd still tear up a motorcycle light to light.. :wink:
as for MPG....when you spend 1.25 mil on a car thats the least of your worries.

I'd say the reason they use the turbo set-up as opposed to N/A is because they can make the car reliable that way.. 1000 horsepower N/A motors don't seem to last real long. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I wonder what it'll make when they turn the boost up? I still like the Mclaren F1 LM as far as looks and performance goes. Plust there's only 5 LM's in existance; three oarnge and two black. I wouldn't mind having the bugatti in my garage though, along with the LM.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
It's nice- I'll take a Saleen S7 though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It'd be the (Koenigsigg?) for me. 750 supercharged american horsepower, exotic chassis. Stupid fast, but still has a "danger, don't fuck with me or I'll kill you" edge to it. Kind of reminds me of the 10r!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts