Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the "Barracuda" project that Buell was going to introduce in 2011 kinda sad this will never hit the market!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sad indeed. the front looks a bit like a duc for some reason
yes it does!

from what I have been told the bike was going to use some, if not most of the RR's motor and be around 170hp at the crank, so what...thats like 150hp or so at the rear tire? and be 412 wet!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
yes it does!

from what I have been told the bike was going to use some, if not most of the RR's motor and be around 170hp at the crank, so what...thats like 150hp or so at the rear tire? and be 412 wet!
Sounds generous.....but, even if it had the same 1125R motor, it would've been a cool bike. My only real beef with the 1125 was how wide the front looked (maybe was). Looks like the barracuda project didn't have this issue.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
What the hell is up with that picture? DSUrely those are not brand new production ready bikes going in the trash heap? Why not just sell all the bikes left.

And that Barracuda looks like it would have been something I would have been seriously interested in. A dam shame, that looks like a true a american sport bike at last.
Somebody get this guy some financing and let him build this bike. Hopefully Harley does not own the rights to it too.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Oh, I forgot the belt drive. Lets get real - everyone else uses a chain for a reason - I don't want to have to 'convert' mine.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What the hell is up with that picture? DSUrely those are not brand new production ready bikes going in the trash heap? Why not just sell all the bikes left.

And that Barracuda looks like it would have been something I would have been seriously interested in. A dam shame, that looks like a true a american sport bike at last.
Somebody get this guy some financing and let him build this bike. Hopefully Harley does not own the rights to it too.
Yes unfortunately HD owns the rights to Buell so there going to let the bike die!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
That Barracuda was what the majority of the public wanted from Buell in the first place... being individualistic is one thing, but to be so extreme in an attempt to separate yourself from the pack became Buell's downfall. If you polarize your clientele so much, will it sell? Obviously not enough..

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
being individualistic is one thing, but to be so extreme in an attempt to separate yourself from the pack became Buell's downfall.
not so sure i buy that. i thought i read in the past somewhere that HD brass had final say on what Buell could do, meaning that they limited what he was capable of doing because (in their eyes ) was either unacceptable or inappropriate. i was under the impression he was on guidelines set forth by HD and never really had the room to stretch his innovative legs.

but i by no means know what i'm talking about

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
So after how many years, buell is finally going to make an eye pleasing fully faired bike and then they get tossed in the shitter...
So they couldnt of made something with a chain drive, WO A POS Harley motor & bodywork 5-6 years ago?

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I by all means I owe nothing to Buell they gave me a sponsorship and now that is over! so I will say this Buell needed to build this bike 2 years ago, there is no bought about that! and yes the 1125R was ugly as sin is stock trim and that hurt buells sales, but I think I may have a bit more of an insight into what Buell wanted to do and what HD would let them do, and it boils down to this! I was on the phone one time with Henry Duga, and I asked him why did Buell not just make the bike with a chain drive? he said HD had the all the stuff to make a belt drive sys and THEY decided it would be more cost effective to not go with a chain {{then he went on to defend the belt drive!}}} now that right there is a very powerful statement in my eyes! HD ran Buell and HD dictated what Buell would or would not do! i.e the sportster motor in the XB's! the ugly 1/2 fairing bikes, the list goes on and on! I do believe the Barracuda was what Erik wanted to build from day one! he was a racer! this is a race bike! but HD is a lame buck company and is so far out of touch with any thing other then there weak ass POS 1922 tech bikes! they could not see the talent they had with Erik! and they tied his hands to the point where the body died!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
okay....why the freak did they not come out with these.....im all for supporting the US and not foreign company and all that yada...but holy freak those bikes looks freaking ridiculously good!!! SOAB!!!!!!!1 one of those would have been in my garage...i even really like that 1125R....that front end was something else!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Ahh, y'all don't understand the H/D mindset...chrome makes more $$ than motorcycles...
all H/D's are a 'starter kit'.... to sell a finished/functional sportbike isn't in their business plan....yet....they threw another turd on the road with the XR1200...but it takes another $2K to make it work (almost) from what I've read and heard....
Old school chrome dumptrucks is what 'Americans' want...(?) I wonder how long it will be until they have their hand out for a 'stimulous' check....

·
Registered
890 Posts
Buell itself was making money and sales where up ... H-D made so many BAD loans they dropped the line . ( tax credit ect ) ZX10RACER is correct The xb12R Firebolt was SUPPOSED to have a liquid cooled twin. Harley stepped in and took the motor project from Buell. Then increased the crankcase size for styling in V-Rod . harley f..ked up the NOVA project so Buell paid the price .BTW that bike was slated for 165 hp at rear wheell!! Imagine that power in a bike that handles that well

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
thats bullshit...first buell I would have bought! That thing looks really good. Harley....I hope you follow Buell where you forced it...down the drain.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
this is the "Barracuda" project that Buell was going to introduce in 2011 kinda sad this will never hit the market!

This pic looks pretty good, got any more?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts