Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a press release from buell on entering the ama superbike class with a non-street legal 1125rr.http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Jul/090715d.htm

Here is a pretty good commentary from a guy who knows a little about racing.
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Jul/090715e.htm

Seems questionable to me. What if anything do you think the japanese factories will say/do? I realize buell has little or no chance of winning, but this just seems outrageously unfair to me. So what do you guys think of this?

·
Registered
609 Posts
DMG should just change the rule book to 3 words:

WE SAY SO

They are a complete joke. I can't believe anyone supports this BS.

I hope buell wins every DMG race, because I hope everyone else is racing another series so I can support US racing again.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
I'm convinced... I tried to give the AMA/DMG the benefit of the doubt on the rules. The pace car thing at Laguna Seca put me on the edge... Now this pushes me off, and pisses me off. :angryfire :BangHead:

Here is hoping that the MIC is working in secret to get something together for 2010 and beyond...

Chris

·
Registered
927 Posts
I don't know all the rules but why is it they are racing the Aprilia 1000 and that junk ass Buell with the 600s? I know they are twins but I'm sure the TQ is higher then ANY of the 600's. I seen it at Cali how the Buell pulled everything.

·
Registered
609 Posts
why is it they are racing the Aprilia 1000 and that junk ass Buell with the 600s?
WE (DMG) SAY SO!

There is no logic other than payback to the jap manufactures, who refuse to lick the sh!t off Roger's dick when buell needs a break from getting it up the poop shoot.

Reactions: Sebastian1000

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Why not just cut out all the bullshit and just call Buell the winner now? Fuck DMG.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
WE (DMG) SAY SO!

There is no logic other than payback to the jap manufactures, who refuse to lick the sh!t off Roger's dick when buell needs a break from getting it up the poop shoot.
TN10R, don't tip-toe around the topic, just tell us what you really think.:lol: Anyway, I think we all know buell still won't win anything. The question I have is, when dmg realizes this, how far will they bend/break the rules even more to accomodate buell?BTW, here is another link to superbikeplanet piece calling for fans to email their opinions to them to be printed on their site. Some of these guys really have their head up their asses, some have pretty good points, nonetheless I found it interesting. http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Jul/090716readermail.htm

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
It looks like those dumb buells are at Mid-Ohio this weekend and are gonna race, oh and there are no pace bikes they are there but not using them, guess they say no more pace cars on a hot track they will red flag it and it will be in the pits waiting... dont know why they even use a damn car ???? I really hate this NASBIKE crap...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Buell was already competing in AMA Superbike which is why I couldn't understand how the same bike could compete against 600's and 1000's. Looking at the weight and hp figures I could see a 1000 cc twin competing against 600 I4's but what gives with an 1100+ cc twin making 20 more hp and 30 more lbs. of torque that only weighs 15 lbs more than the 600 I4's?

·
Registered
550 Posts
This is one more sign of DMG screwing American Road Racing, however; looking at this in a different perspective this move now opens the door to the other manufactures to start building RR bikes under the new rules that allows Buell to compete.
With the pace car fiasco at Laguna Seca DMG has made American Road Racing look like nothing more than a glorified club level organization. If DMG denies the other manufactures to run under the same SBK rules as Buell then they’ll loose the tiny bit of creditability they have left. Frankly WERA is run much better than the AMA…….
Personally, if the Big Four isn’t allowed to run under the same rules as Buell then they should pull out of racing all together after Mid-Ohio.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Amazing, simply amazing! I have posted threads before of the GayMA/DMG horror show, but it just keeps gettin worse. Fuck!! I want this joke of American roadracing to stop. Please somebody, slay this dragon already.

·
Registered
302 Posts
:thefinger I suggest a new class. bring a prodution bike off the showroom floor get your best rider and run what you brung.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
So, will Ducati get smart and put Pegram on a Desmo, its a street bike that is certified for road use in america, its even available at Ducati dealers, to me that would be less questionable that letting the 1125RR in, its gonna still get smoked by the 1K 4's anyway though. They could let them strap a supercharger on that thing and it ain't competing with a Liter 4.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Amazing, simply amazing! I have posted threads before of the GayMA/DMG horror show, but it just keeps gettin worse. Fuck!! I want this joke of American roadracing to stop. Please somebody, slay this dragon already.
The dragon seems to be slaying itself. If it doesn't, it'll probably die of AIDS. This racing series is gay!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts