1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
that sucks...........

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Man, Erik really sounded down and defeated in that video, I feel for him, I think they were real close on this last bike.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Whoooo Hoooo

errrrr... I mean, that sucks :lol:
You kidding me people just lost there jobs families are being disrupted here and at the Aprila factories and Buell was the only American sport bike company and your all Whooo hoooo what a jack ass! rep sent!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Latest: HD is selling MV Agusta immediately...

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/business/64352502.html
"Harley-Davidson Inc. said Thursday it will discontinue its Buell motorcycle brand and divest its recently acquired MV Agusta lineup as the company announced dismal third-quarter earnings."

"Harley said its third-quarter income fell 84%"

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
The economy strikes again. RIP. Much respect to Buell.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
eslick rode the wheels off that buell and it was the best racing Ive seen in the AMA in a long time.
Word! I loved watching Danny on that bike. There is nothing good about the loss of ANother US company.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Latest: HD is selling MV Agusta immediately...

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/business/64352502.html
"Harley-Davidson Inc. said Thursday it will discontinue its Buell motorcycle brand and divest its recently acquired MV Agusta lineup as the company announced dismal third-quarter earnings."

"Harley said its third-quarter income fell 84%"
Thanks for that. I really do see the most likely cause of this no being Buell. I wouldn't be suprised if the 1125 series never netted them any money (Rotax motors aren't cheap, neither is R&D when you're selling so few bikes per year), and HD with its other losses needed to drop something.

I feel sorry for the employees, but that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to next year's race season of uniform 1000cc twins and 600cc I4's. I hope it inclines manufacturers to make cool twins again.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Man, Erik really sounded down and defeated in that video, I feel for him, I think they were real close on this last bike.
I've watched interviews with Erik before, that guy put his heart and soul into those bikes (not to mention, his name on the tank). Poor guy just lost a dream 26 years in the making.

I hope someone else picks up the American sportbike torch, but it doesn't look promising. Roehr builds $40,000 anchors with v-rod motors, and moto-cyzsz has basically decided to focus on electric bikes (could be a good move actually).

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I've watched interviews with Erik before, that guy put his heart and soul into those bikes (not to mention, his name on the tank). Poor guy just lost a dream 26 years in the making.

I hope someone else picks up the American sportbike torch, but it doesn't look promising. Roehr builds $40,000 anchors with v-rod motors, and moto-cyzsz has basically decided to focus on electric bikes (could be a good move actually).
And the Fischer 650 twin costs more than a zx10.

It's unfortunate, but the giants of the industry hold all the cards. The first decade would be a losing propsition. All the money in R&D, adertising, building a dealer network, racing. You won't make it back until you truly mass produce it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
And the Fischer 650 twin costs more than a zx10.

It's unfortunate, but the giants of the industry hold all the cards. The first decade would be a losing propsition. All the money in R&D, adertising, building a dealer network, racing. You won't make it back until you truly mass produce it.

Too little too late..Cutting edge chassis and then they installed a Model-T engine in the bikes and wanted to call it a sportbike..:thefinger
Buell shot themselves in the head by trying to run the Harley pushrod engines in sportbikes. They did this to themselves. :heyyou:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well... I raced his first creation... the RW750.
And rode his last... the 1125R.

Sad day for Erik...

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
man that really does suck in every way possible, feel bad for Erik for sure. RIP to buell, never cared for their bikes or bike owners in most cases but still sad.

Does this mean the 1125RR will NOT be used/sold? I FUCKIN HOPE NOT!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts