Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
go with the 2CT they work great and are great in the wet... they did a tyre test a while ago in sportrider and Im pretty sure the 2CT's come out on top... but its all up to you and what you want and how big your wallet is.... all the top Tyres out there are great and will work fine..

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
im on my 2nd set of 16s and love them.....done a track day and tons of aggressive twisties and have no complaints, got a screaming deal from superbikesupply last time so couldnt complain..... never tried the 2cts so i cant comment on them but i have the utmost confidence in the 16s

·
Administrator
6,731 Posts
I chose the 2cts because they looked to be better in the wet over the BT016. Most of my riding these days is commuting

·
Registered
463 Posts

If you are looking for performance and not a mileage based tire I would go withthe 16. I have experience with Dunlop, Metzler, Pirelli and a few other trackday/street tire and the 16s are about as good as it gets. I recently got the set and put 250 street miles on them and recently did a track day, and these tires are definately confience inspring. They performed very well and considering you can get a set mounted for under 300.00 its a win all the way around.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I dunno man...

PP2CT is 3-4 year old technology. Dual compound tires that costs more.

BT016 is newer tech, front is dual compound, rear is triple compound and costs less.

:dontknow:

My next set of tread for my 10R will most likely be the BT's. I'm loving the Pirellis too much on the 6RR to change brands anytime soon. I had PP's before but didn't like the feel or feedback when canyon carving.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I have tried both tires and currently run the 16's. Both are great tires but the 16's are cheaper and therefore better. Happy?:mrgreen:
Ahh yeah, I liked the stock BT016s, but I just did not get any good feedback from the front tyre, now I run the 2CTs and I can fee so much more up front and out back Id like to try the off the shelf 016's but prob wont LOL caue Im sure Michelin will come out wiht something thats better than the 2CT ?? and not something like the power one.... I also like the more pointy shape of the 2CT's over the more rounded 016's ....

·
Registered
229 Posts
they both have great stick the pp2ct turn in much quicker due to their profile, bt016 are more stable on the brakes due to the more round profile. Both are good tires it all depends on what you are looking for.

·
Registered
531 Posts
they did a tyre test a while ago in sportrider and Im pretty sure the 2CT's come out on top... but its all up to you and what you want and how big your wallet is.... all the top Tyres out there are great and will work fine..
"Both Sides of the Fence"
From Sport Rider
Bridgestone BT-016
Released early last year, the Bridgestone BT-016 uses the company's successful MotoGP experience to develop sport tires with multiple compounds in both front and rear tires. The front BT-016 uses two compounds, one for the center and one for both edges; the rear BT-016 goes a step further, and features three separate compounds--a hard one in the center for wear, with two successively softer compounds in the shoulder and edge on each side. The transition compound in the middle of the rear tire's shoulders is identical to the center compound of the front tire, while the edge compound is the same on both. Bridgestone's Mono-spiral circumferential steel belt is used in both front and rear tires. Tread patterns are predictably sparse, with the front featuring s-shaped grooves in the center for wet braking, while the rear's L-shaped siping is designed to influence carcass deflection and characteristics such as stability and shock absorption across the tread's profile.

Holst and Kunitsugu gave the Bridgestone high marks overall at the track, with Kunitsugu liking the BT-016's stability "under braking, but especially accelerating over bumps, doesn't squirm or weave like some others." Both riders wished for a little more steering precision, however, with Holst writing that the Bridgestone wasn't "the sharpest, most precise steering." Traction and feedback were rated very good--"but short of excellent," wrote Holst, "not quite great" added Kunitsugu--with both riders stating that grip didn't fall off until the very end of their sessions.

Interestingly, the BT-016's steering precision was rated excellent on the street, with superb compliance, and overall grip exhibited on both 600 and 1000. "A tire that will improve the performance of practically any bike you stick it on," wrote Kunitsugu. Wear rates were moderate, with a lot of wear noticeable along the edge of both front and rear tires on the street and track.

(800) 543-7522
www.motorcycle-karttires.com

Bridgestone BT-016
ZX-10R GSX-R600
GENERAL 8.75 9
BRAKING 8.9 9
TRACTION 8.8 9.2
STEERING 8.8 9.1

AVERAGE LAP TIME: 1:08.83
SR RATING: 89.5

Michelin Pilot Power 2CT
Making its debut in mid-2006, the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT--although not the first dual-compound tire ever made--brought multi-compound technology back to sport tires in the modern age. The Pilot Power 2CT retains the standard Pilot Power's overall construction, with a cross-ply design up front using two rayon plies and a single aramid belt, and a single aramid (or steel, in the case of the 190 size rear tire) circumferential belt supporting two polyester plies in the rear. Tread pattern is identical to the Pilot Power. The 2CT (standing for "2 Compound Technology") uses a 20 percent softer rubber compound on both edges of the front and rear tires. In an innovative twist, the softer compound band actually becomes wider as the tire wears, allowing more consistent performance over the life of the tire.

The Pilot Power 2CT received the highest marks overall in the test, with both Holst and Kunitsugu using the term "confidence inspiring" when raving about the Michelin's traction, feedback, and precise yet neutral steering characteristics at the track. "Excellent grip at all lean angles, precise steering...decent compliance, but still firm enough to provide good feedback," wrote Kunitsugu, concluding, "Probably the best of the lot." Holst was only slightly more enthused; "Lets you pick and choose your line as good or better than any of the 5 previous tires [I've ridden on so far]...traction, feedback, and predictability are all excellent. Steering while trail braking also near faultless." About the only gripe in the evaluation sheets were both testers giving slightly lower marks for steering effort.

The ratings didn't drop much lower during street testing. Only the Bridgestone BT-016 received higher marks, with the Michelin providing very quick break-in and warm-up on both 600 and 1000, a marked contrast from years past where Michelins were often criticized in this area. Wear rates on both street and track were moderate.

(800) 847-3435
www.michelin-us.com

Michelin Pilot Power 2CT
ZX-10R GSX-R600
GENERAL 8.8 9.1
BRAKING 9 9.2
TRACTION 9 9.3
STEERING 8.8 8.9

AVERAGE LAP TIME: 1:08.76
SR RATING: 90.1

Reactions: flthy1

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Well i went to the BT-16's on 3 bikes i liked them so much and for the money spent you cant beat them...

Replaced the following tires:
Pirelli Super Corsa pros-amazing tire, make sure no water is out that is for certain
Pirelli Diablo Corsa III-previously my favorite all around tire
Dunlop qualifier RR-cant complain about them but for cost-$$$

But yeah i am not a michelin fan either-Anything from france can suck some iraqi bedouins balls

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i would pick the bt16s, they are great tires and the price is much better than the 2ct's

1 - 20 of 36 Posts