Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update...BST wheel cracked...

I picked up my wheels from Saugus Suzuki/Kawasaki today(they put new tires on them)

As I was leaving wheels in hand there Service manager say's something like "The mechanic said your wheels are starting to get worn"

I started looking at the wheels and sure enough there was a small presure mark about 2/3 inch long right on the bead. There is all so a small crack about a 1/4 inch long.

I am sure the wheel is unusable or repairable at this point.

I inspected there tire machine and it sure looks like the ding matches up with one of the four clamps that hold the rim from moving on the machine.

I asked about that and they said it was damaged before they mounted the tire and had three people on hand to confirm that.

I asked why in the hell they didnt call me to tell me it was damaged before mounting the new tire???

They said it didn't look that bad at the time...:headshake

Well I will have to take there word for it, because I did not inspect it before I dropped it off.

They allways told me they would not be liable for damage to a carbon fibre wheels. $2500 down the tubes...:rolleyes:

I have put alot of miles on these wheels and love them. I am sure I have not hit anything. (I would inspect them if I did)

If you have expensive wheels I would suggest a close inspection of them before you get a tire mounted...

Time to go cry over a shot and a Beer....:beer:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Pretty sure I'd be goin to small claims over that. Of course everyone in their shop is gonna say they didnit do it.Sory to hear bout your bad luck.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
:bs: this sounds way shady on their part ,c'mon they already had 3 'witnesses' to attest to the fact that it was fubared on arrival:headshake sounds to me like they fugged your rim up and said ' o shiot this is gonna cost us better get some guys in here quick and cover our asses':bs: :bs: :bs: do'nt fall for it bro:headshake

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
if you can match the crack to the machine then how could they say they didnt do it?? i would go back and speak to someone in charge there, b/c that just aint right. do they have a warranty or replacement program?? sorry to hear about this. they are nice wheels to.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Pretty sure I'd be goin to small claims over that. Of course everyone in their shop is gonna say they didnit do it.Sory to hear bout your bad luck.

But they all going to justify putting tire on a damaged rim and why.
It seems that they damaged it putting the tire in my opinion.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
If you didn't sign a waiver releasing them from liability it's on them. Their shop,their property, they broke your rim plain and simple. If you'd been riding on that I'm pretty sure you'd have had a flat tire, leaking at the bead. Stand up and stick it to em. Tell them you're taking them to court unless the replace the rim and see what they say.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
If you didn't sign a waiver releasing them from liability it's on them. Their shop,their property, they broke your rim plain and simple. If you'd been riding on that I'm pretty sure you'd have had a flat tire, leaking at the bead. Stand up and stick it to em. Tell them you're taking them to court unless the replace the rim and see what they say.
:+1: at the very least

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Dealers make their money by f'ing over customers. Don't let them play you like a chump. I had discount tire mount new tires on my BBS wheels for the car and they pounded lead wheel weights on the lip on the wheels and scratched off the paint. The manager bought me all new wheels. He was pissed but he knew they were in the wrong. Those wheels weren't cheap either! Good luck!

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Dealers make their money by f'ing over customers. Don't let them play you like a chump. I had discount tire mount new tires on my BBS wheels for the car and they pounded lead wheel weights on the lip on the wheels and scratched off the paint. The manager bought me all new wheels. He was pissed but he knew they were in the wrong. Those wheels weren't cheap either! Good luck!
sad but true at least they took ownership and fixed the situation hope this gets resolved the right way as well

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the replies.

I will call the owner and see what he say's.

I will allso contact BST and see if they can fix it.

I have had a great relationship with this dealer up tell now.

They let there head mechanic and Service manager go a few months back. I really respected them both...they allways went the extra mile to make sure everything was perfect.

Jim the mechanic they let go, is who did my thin head gasket and kit cam.

He also did countless other things to my 2004 ZX10R...his work was allways perfect.

By the way Jim is allso who they had mount all tires on my Carbon Fibre rims...untell now.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

I will call the owner and see what he say's.

I will allso contact BST and see if they can fix it.

I have had a great relationship with this dealer up tell now.

They let there head mechanic and Service manager go a few months back. I really respected them both...they allways went the extra mile to make sure everything was perfect.

Jim the mechanic they let go, is who did my thin head gasket and kit cam.

He also did countless other things to my 2004 ZX10R...his work was allways perfect.

By the way Jim is allso who they had mount all tires on my Carbon Fibre rims...untell now.
sounds to me like they need to pick up the phone and call Jim back

·
Registered
516 Posts
Take them to court with your three 'witnesses'. $2500 is nothing to sneeze at.:cool:

Now I gotta ask why would you buy BST when forged Carrozerrias are only 4.5oz heavier and they last longer than those POS Marchesni and are cheaper by a $1000 dollars?

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Take them to court with your three 'witnesses'. $2500 is nothing to sneeze at.:cool:

Now I gotta ask why would you buy BST when forged Carrozerrias are only 4.5oz heavier and they last longer than those POS Marchesni and are cheaper by a $1000 dollars?
Proof?:bs:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sounds to me like they need to pick up the phone and call Jim back
Believe me they know how I feel about "Jim" leaving. I would have Hypercycle, advanced, or Attack do all my major work now.

I don't want to be taken as a fool(chump) but I don't know for sure if they did the damage. I just don't want to be the guy that f's over these guys if they did'n really do it.

I must admit though if they knew it was damaged before they mounted the tire,they should of contacted me before they mounted it. End of story!!!!!

I will keep you guys posted....:popcorn2:

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
You would know if you did something like that. Contact BBB also. If you take them to court its still your word against theres. With evidence like pictures of the machine you would win. Dont ask them what they could do, tell them what they need to do. Replace it.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts