Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo fellas I need help. I'm trying to lighten up my 2012 zx14r and I hear good and bad things about both wheels. What are your thoughts on both?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
looks or longevity? the carbon looks absolutely amazingly drop dead sexy, pictures dont even do it justice. however, the oz mag wheels will perform the best. dont forget the ceramic bearings to go with the wheels

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
I would have to go with the OZ for looks and performance.

What color is the 14?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Either would be a great choice to lighten your bike. Not sure if they have a fitment for the 14R but you may also want to check http://www.orientexpress.com/m-78-dymag.aspx

And of course you've got the crazy-ass-looking wheels I bought: http://www.rotobox-wheels.com/

Rotobox doesn't list a fitment for the 14R but then again they didn't list it for my Gen4 either even they have them available.
Those dyno mags look sexy. I haven't Hurd much about those wheels.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks or longevity? the carbon looks absolutely amazingly drop dead sexy, pictures dont even do it justice. however, the oz mag wheels will perform the best. dont forget the ceramic bearings to go with the wheels
So the bst wheels dont last long? For 4gs I need them to damm near be life time lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
Those dyno mags look sexy. I haven't Hurd much about those wheels.

I'm almost 34 now, and Dymag was a big deal all throughout my childhood till they went bankrupt in 2009. Their assets were purchased out of liquidation and they're back up and running at full strength. If you followed motorcycle roadracing in the 80's-90's there were a shit-ton of factory GP bikes and Superbikes running Dymag wheels. If my bikes didn't already have new wheels, I'd buy some now that they're back in business. :eek:ccasion1

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Dude gold wheels on a blue bike would looks awesome!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I use to run my BST's on the street. Loved it BST's with ceramic bearings, 520 kit and full suspension bike is so flick able not to mention other mods... I would wash and check them every night (for cracks). I ride hard on the street and avoid potholes but i did get a crack on the rear rim. She was holding air but didn't want to risk it.. sent it out for repair put the stock rear back on..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I use to run my BST's on the street. Loved it BST's with ceramic bearings, 520 kit and full suspension bike is so flick able not to mention other mods... I would wash and check them every night (for cracks). I ride hard on the street and avoid potholes but i did get a crack on the rear rim. She was holding air but didn't want to risk it.. sent it out for repair put the stock rear back on..
thats the problem with carbon, no flex, just cracks (also why its a terrible material on a helmet) so for looks, its amazing, practicality, not so much. go with the oz racing mag wheels

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Unless you are racing and need to actually save time there is no point. If you want looks go with aluminium. It's safer the finishes look better, etc... bench racing is fucking retarded. I've done it and would never do it again. The OZ Cattivas are straight up fucking dangerous to run on the street. BST are fine but the extra 1000-2000$ for carbon or magnesium isn't worth it unless you are taking the bike to the track or street racing for money. Fuck your pride.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Unless you are racing and need to actually save time there is no point. If you want looks go with aluminium. It's safer the finishes look better, etc... bench racing is fucking retarded. I've done it and would never do it again. The OZ Cattivas are straight up fucking dangerous to run on the street. BST are fine but the extra 1000-2000$ for carbon or magnesium isn't worth it unless you are taking the bike to the track or street racing for money. Fuck your pride.
I don't disagree, but........ DAMN!! :crackup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think I found my new signature, for every forum I'm on. May I quote you, good sir? "Fuck your pride."
:thefinger

1 - 20 of 20 Posts