Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just Purchased a set of BST carbon fiber wheels for me Gen 4 I got the ceramic bearings. I haven't went and picked them up yet but was wanting to get some feedback on them for this group.
Will I notice a big difference in acceleration and more midrange? That is the area I felt the bike was lacking.

·
Registered
160 Posts
U will def notice some change....they r super light and the bearings are going to make the bike feel soo much smoother.....less rotating mass and smoother rolling = hella fun....:thumbsup:...a lot of drag racers use these wheels and bearings if that sheds any light on ur subject

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be picking them up today and will be posting pics as soon as I can. Thanks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm trying to install my wheels and the front went on without any problems but the rear will not take my rear sprocket. Does anyon know if I have to buy a special sprocket? Please help.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm trying to install my wheels and the front went on without any problems but the rear will not take my rear sprocket. Does anyon know if I have to buy a special sprocket? Please help.

Yes,BST has a different sprocket carrier and need it's own sprocket.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Looks awesome, congrats.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Night and day difference from what I've read on them.

Pot holes.....will ruin your day though. I can't justifiy $7000 in wheels for a street bike. Anymore than the $4000 arai. Poser points for sure, quicker laps times etc yes....but unless you're winning money, not a wise investment.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Nice i like 5 spoke better than ten or whatever most of the others are that ive seen.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Night and day difference from what I've read on them.

Pot holes.....will ruin your day though. I can't justifiy $7000 in wheels for a street bike. Anymore than the $4000 arai. Poser points for sure, quicker laps times etc yes....but unless you're winning money, not a wise investment.
More like $3900 if you pay retail.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Biggest thing you will notice with the BST's is the side to side transitions. It is amazing the diference they make in the flicakbility of the bike. You will have to learn to ride bike all over again. The weight saved not only makes the bike much more agile in transitions from one side to the other, you really notice the reduction in centrifical force with the lighter wheels. This is a good thing, but until you get aclimated to the change the bike will feel less planted if you will. You definatly have a learning curve adjusting to them, but the difference is very noticable

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I want to get wheels next for my gen 4 but I want to know for sure how the C/F holds up in real world conditions.
How much did the wheels and bearings cost you? I know ceramic bearings are expensive on their own.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I want to get wheels next for my gen 4 but I want to know for sure how the C/F holds up in real world conditions.
How much did the wheels and bearings cost you? I know ceramic bearings are expensive on their own.
I paid $4127 out the door with ceramic bearings.

In for more pics! Looks great!
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts