Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,236 Posts
Yes, they're highly desirable and if you're not too attached to them then you'd certainly earn some cash by selling. They would take some time to sell since the 2011-2015 is getting older and owners aren't very willing to spend 1/4 - 1/3rd of the value of their entire bike to upgrade. I think 2016-2022 BST wheels would sell very quickly at 60-65% of MSRP but our bikes have different spacing so they aren't directly compatible with either the 2016+ or 2010-. This is what I've observed from tracking aftermarket wheel listings for the last 10 years. I would say that if you had the right local buyer, you should get 50% of MSRP for perfect 2011-2015 wheels. If the wheels are older and the weave is starting to go yellow from UV exposure that would affect the price further. Yours seem to look fine though.

If the stock wheels didn't come with your bike already, I'd suggest that you simply keep the BSTs since the cost of buying used OEM wheels offsets the cash balance too much to make the swap and sale worth it.

Your most likely buyer would be local to you since you're a new member on the forum. BTW, you've got quite a sick bike there. Welcome.

Reactions: tltech

· Registered
1,236 Posts
What state do you live in? If we live relatively close I'd be interested in your BSTs for my OEM wheels + cash. I live in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

· Registered
1,236 Posts
It sounds like I will plan to keep them on the bike and enjoy that carbon fiber beauty then!
Solid choice! Beside the performance benefit, the 5 spokes look so much better than 3 as well.

You should be able to market your wheels to the 5th & 6th generation crowd as well. Your 4th gen front wheel is forward compatible with a few small parts and the rear wheel is identical and a direct swap. See details in this thread here: Gen 5: 2016-20 - Gen 4 front wheel to Gen 5 kit

Reactions: B.H
1 - 3 of 3 Posts