Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I broke my personal all motor record 3 times this weekend. My record before this weekend I set in feb 2007 which was a [email protected] I went to the TNT friday night and first pass went a [email protected] Then the last pass on the night I was on a good run, It kicked out of 5th gear and ended up goin a [email protected] coastin. Then satuday there was a tmrc race. I get out there and first pass of time trials I went a [email protected] Ended up goin a [email protected] Then we goto the midnight drags saturday night. And my very first pass I went a [email protected] That was my best pass of the night. Backed it up with a .40, three 41's and another .39. So i'm really happy. I never thought my bike would go anywhere close to that. Especially with almost 56k miles on the bike now..

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
nice times man and congrats on the new personal best :thumbsup: seems like these 10's love the cool weather :wink:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
WAY TO GO nice pass!!!!:eek:ccasion1 the air is getting better for sure

·
Registered
842 Posts
-2 +3 for you weight should be trapping high in 6th

·
Registered
456 Posts
badass man im trying to get to the 9.5s 9.4s lol

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
your getting there:thumbsup: seat time the more you go the faster you will get:bump:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
That is moving. I'm jealous. Great passes.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I remember you were complaining about how you went faster on a Suk saying this in another thread (http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105970 ) :

I dunno. I really wish I had the money to make mine fast again. I mean mine isn't bad I still run consistant low 9.70's and an occaisional 60 in the heat with almost 55k miles on the bike but Its just not gonna be fast again without a new or rebuilt motor. :(
Now it seems more seat time trumped what you previously thought about your old Kawi with tons of miles on her...seems it still had a little more in it than you thought with good conditions to boot. :wink:

PS...congrats on the new time It gives us still racing with very high mileage hope the 1st Gen will run strong for a long time. :eek:ccasion1

bloo

·
Registered
968 Posts
now your gonna have to change your signature because that doesnt sound like a worn out bike

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now your gonna have to change your signature because that doesnt sound like a worn out bike
Hahaha oh its worn out. Bout to turn 56k miles now, Have a leaky valve, and clutch cover. Just tryin to get through the rest of the season so I can rebuild it. She's made me proud this year!

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I remember you were complaining about how you went faster on a Suk saying this in another thread (http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105970 ) :

Now it seems more seat time trumped what you previously thought about your old Kawi with tons of miles on her...seems it still had a little more in it than you thought with good conditions to boot. :wink:

PS...congrats on the new time It gives us still racing with very high mileage hope the 1st Gen will run strong for a long time. :eek:ccasion1

bloo
Man truthfully. I've been racing this bike since 06. I've been down the track 100's of times on it. It could have been the air this weekend. And whats wierd, I just put a Boz Bros exhaust on whiile I get my Tsukigi fixed, thinkin it wouldn't make nothin for power and I ended up goin faster with it then I even did with the Tsukigi. I don't get it. I've herd Boz Bros doesn't make shit for power...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Good job, the guy I sold my 06 to is flying on it, he hasn't ridden in 2 years, only other bike he ever had is a cbr600 swb. He went several low 9.40s but is only going 142, he is 60'ING 1.46s on the stock shock with zero adjustments.

He is definanty just a naturally talented rider, in 2 months he has beaten my best pass in 3 years.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good job, the guy I sold my 06 to is flying on it, he hasn't ridden in 2 years, only other bike he ever had is a cbr600 swb. He went several low 9.40s but is only going 142, he is 60'ING 1.46s on the stock shock with zero adjustments.

He is definanty just a naturally talented rider, in 2 months he has beaten my best pass in 3 years.
Thats awesome! Yeah he was riding the hell out of it but it wasn't mph'in anywhere where it should. I was only going 153-1.54 60's..

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I'm not sure what's up with his mph, I was thinking it was his clutch, but he replaced the clutch and still his mph was down. I was going 143 in the heat, if he can get 145-146 he will have it in the 9.20s in no time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts