Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brock emailed me this on request...
They did not have a stock 06 to compare to so they used an 08 model..
I dont get into this stuff to much but though i would share it..
(i printed and took pics since i couldnt upload the file itself)

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Now tell him to send you the SAE dyno sheet..... Its not hard to make a dyno read high numbers with STD setting..... :dontknow:

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now tell him to send you the SAE dyno sheet..... Its not hard to make a dyno read high numbers with STD setting..... :dontknow:

Those are high #'s ?

Like i said i dont get in to this much so i dont know what STD or SAE #'s are:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
STD's are always high, but for comparison purposes I guess they will work.

Piped, and tuned bikes normally do have good gains. Especially when someone like Brock is doing the tuning.

Couple things that are not good for comparison in this case is the 08 wasn't run on the same day as either of the other 2. And, was the 08 broken in yet? Normally you will get better #'s with 5 or 6k miles.

Why did you request this sheet? Is this your 06?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I should say these #'s aren't "high". It's just that the CF used per dyno is larger using STD.

For example. He could run SAE and the #'s will be lower on "his" dyno. Some other dynos could/will show higher SAE compared to Brocks STD. Not sure if that makes sense to you.

Obviously, this sheet shows the improvement that you either have or may be looking for.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
STD's are always high, but for comparison purposes I guess they will work.

Piped, and tuned bikes normally do have good gains. Especially when someone like Brock is doing the tuning.

Couple things that are not good for comparison in this case is the 08 wasn't run on the same day as either of the other 2. And, was the 08 broken in yet? Normally you will get better #'s with 5 or 6k miles.

Why did you request this sheet? Is this your 06?

He explained the comparison problem to me as the 06 he got in already had another exhaust so he couldnt do a before and after with the 06..

my reason for asking was to see what the results were based on how the bike feels with me riding it (if that makes sense) The bike feels crazy ass strong it just keeps pulling compared to my other 2 systems 1 Brocks dual undertail (it had a similar feeling but not as strong), the other Muzzy Gp piece of shit compared to the power of Brocks in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts