Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in knowing if anyone mainly gen5 owners are using the Brocks clutch mod if so are you using the springs or did you get the entire kit? Does your riding style have to change i read it does deactivate the slipper clutch function.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Interested in knowing if anyone mainly gen5 owners are using the Brocks clutch mod if so are you using the springs or did you get the entire kit? Does your riding style have to change i read it does deactivate the slipper clutch function.

All the generations of the zx10 use the same clutch basket minus oil gear setup is different in each generation, the inner basket, inner and outer pressure plates. The Brocks clutch mod is supposed to add pressure. Do not waste your time and money on the aluminum disc thing if they still sell that thing. What are your plans for the bike? Circuit or drag?
The slipper clutch eliminator eliminates the slipper clutch completely. It locks it altogether like an older bike without one. So if you use to banging down 2-3 gears and letting go of the clutch. It will take some getting used to.
If drag racing get the HD spring kit and slipper clutch eliminator and go racing, I have been drag racing gen1-4 for 6 years now. And I have confirmed that the slipper clutch eliminator works on all generations of zx10. 04-17"
I have used the stock oem setup from the gen3-4 with no issues and you can even backdate the clutch setup to a gen1. Everything works to be honest.
If interested in the slipper clutch eliminator. Pm me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts