Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to bring my Zx6 and Zx10 to the next trackday. Never taken the 10 to the track as I just got it in January. I'm assuming I can choose which one I want to run for each session throughout the day, correct?

·
Chairman of the Board
16,053 Posts
You might talk to whoever runs the track days where you are about it. I think that would be your best bet and Im guessing that if you tech'ed both bikes they would probably be ok with it. I have seen a guy riding one in intermediate and one in advanced. What track are you going to btw?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yes, you'll just have to talk with someone there. If you're riding in only 1 group, you should just have to pay once. If you plan doing multiple groups, that's another story.

I bring 2 bikes with me when I go a track day. It usually just takes explaining to the tech officials the situation and swearing that both won't be on the track at the same time with 2 different riders, then they tech the 2nd bike.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Yes, you'll just have to talk with someone there. If you're riding in only 1 group, you should just have to pay once. If you plan doing multiple groups, that's another story.

I bring 2 bikes with me when I go a track day. It usually just takes explaining to the tech officials the situation and swearing that both won't be on the track at the same time with 2 different riders, then they tech the 2nd bike.
Where do you do trackdays at?

·
Registered
617 Posts

:iamwithstupid: Same here on every trackday or organisation :icon_smile:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might talk to whoever runs the track days where you are about it. I think that would be your best bet and Im guessing that if you tech'ed both bikes they would probably be ok with it. I have seen a guy riding one in intermediate and one in advanced. What track are you going to btw?
Palm Beach International Raceway... I only plan on running Intermediate with both bikes.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
They are a very good organization and I am friends with the people that run the events. OR10R I am sure knows them quite well also. Just be upfront with them, as long as you are going to try and pull any shenanigans like running in 2 groups I doubt it will be an issue.

P.S. OR10R Next trackday say hi to Kell, Leon, Tongue, and others for me :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are a very good organization and I am friends with the people that run the events. OR10R I am sure knows them quite well also. Just be upfront with them, as long as you are going to try and pull any shenanigans like running in 2 groups I doubt it will be an issue.

Ok thanks! And no, I definitely don't plan on trying to run in two groups or anything like that. I'd just love to get the 10r out onto the track, but don't want to go all out yet for the fear of crashing it the first time out with it. I'll save the harder riding for the 6 for now.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Yup... Just talk it over with the boss of the event first. Don't go asking the staff as you'll almost always get conflicting or incorrect info. Go straight to the boss and ask what the procedure is for being allowed to run 2 different bikes. You want to get that all worked out up front with them so you don't have to argue about how to do it with the staff later.

If you really want to get them confused try it with 3 bikes :biggrin:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,053 Posts

:thumbsup: I surely will Teeks! :thumbsup: I should be doing PBIR in June.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts