Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i'm about to buy tires and i'm not sure what to get. I've read the BT016's are pretty good but then on here I hear everone always talk about the Corsa lll's. I know the pirelli is stickier but is it gonna wear out alot faster then the bridgstone's? by the way there about the same price the pirelli is just a little more.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Both great tires, you can't go wrong with either! The DC3's are a little more predictable when the tire is gonna break loose near the limit. I have DC3's now and will stick to them as I've gotten used to them but I know a lot of vendors have the BT 016's at crazy cheap pricing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not gonna go to the track with them. I'm gonna run different tires for that but, for the street how much longer is the BT016 gonna last if any. Because I just need street tires right now for twisty's and stuff, and I ride in the rain as well since my bike is my only mode of transportation.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Bridgestone are good, and Bridgestone has some new tires comming out in March its called BT-003RS suppose to be a toned down version of their trackday and race only tire, this is more for the street i guess, you also might want to think about the Michelin PP2CT ?? but most of the tires out there are all darn good tires and will work wonders.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bridgestone are good, and Bridgestone has some new tires comming out in March its called BT-003RS suppose to be a toned down version of their trackday and race only tire, this is more for the street i guess, you also might want to think about the Michelin PP2CT ?? but most of the tires out there are all darn good tires and will work wonders.
Yeah that's what I figured all these tires are so good anyway especially for the street. I am running the PP2CT on th rear right now I just need a new front. Was thinking about going with the pp2ct in front as well. There all gonna last about the same right? Thats not my main concern (wouldn't have bought a 10 if it was) I'm just wondering.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Yeah I dont like to miss match tires esp brands but thats just me,and just my 2cents, but yeah some might last longer than others it just depends on how hard you are on your tires, and the the things you do wth them LOL...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I figure I buy the Corsa lll now (I think I can get one for $116 shipped on ebay) for the front, and once my rear is done i'll throw a Corsa lll on there too. I've already had a qualifier on the front (got a hole in the rear) which I really dont like.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How are the Pirelli Diablo Supersports? Cycle Gear has a super sale on them. Does anyone know if they still have that sale on the Bridgestone BT016's?

·
Registered
801 Posts
There was a member here who had the bt016's on his bike and the rear lasted him 2,500 miles. Judging by the pics, he seemed to be a pretty hard "street" rider though. I think he was getting a new one and going to test the tire life with different air pressures. From what he said, it was a great tire. Very sticky and stable. He also got a KILLER deal on them, but that deal had long since pass

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
There was a member here who had the bt016's on his bike and the rear lasted him 2,500 miles. Judging by the pics, he seemed to be a pretty hard "street" rider though. I think he was getting a new one and going to test the tire life with different air pressures. From what he said, it was a great tire. Very sticky and stable. He also got a KILLER deal on them, but that deal had long since pass
I think you are referring to me and you are correct except that i didn't get 2500 miles. I got about 1500 :badteeth:

I do ride pretty hard (no burnouts or wheelies though, only corners) but i was running 30psi and was at a place called "The unknown" that is pretty much a track environment with mostly left turns and not much time for the tires to cool off.

I am now running 32 PSI in my new rear tire and it is wearing much better so far. I have not been back to that spot with my new rear to test the different PSI though.

I do like the tires a lot and they are quite a bit cheaper than the pirellis from what i have found.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I think you are referring to me and you are correct except that i didn't get 2500 miles. I got about 1500 :badteeth:

I do ride pretty hard (no burnouts or wheelies though, only corners) but i was running 30psi and was at a place called "The unknown" that is pretty much a track environment with mostly left turns and not much time for the tires to cool off.

I am now running 32 PSI in my new rear tire and it is wearing much better so far. I have not been back to that spot with my new rear to test the different PSI though.

I do like the tires a lot and they are quite a bit cheaper than the pirellis from what i have found.

:spit: Holy crap. I thought it was a bit better than that. You were the person I was referring to. You seem to have a good sense of product quality, seeing that I bought my new helmet after reading your reviews and couldn't be happier :lol: Let us know how it holds up with the new psi and how it fairs in "the unknown" :eyecrazy: Wait you're local.....where the heck are their turns at in this state!? TEACH ME! :lol:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
:spit: Holy crap. I thought it was a bit better than that. You were the person I was referring to. You seem to have a good sense of product quality, seeing that I bought my new helmet after reading your reviews and couldn't be happier :lol: Let us know how it holds up with the new psi and how it fairs in "the unknown" :eyecrazy: Wait you're local.....where the heck are their turns at in this state!? TEACH ME! :lol:
lol, yeah i was a bit disappointed with life of the first tire to say the least :wink:

I do try and be honest with myself and others when it comes to new products, if something is good i'll give it props, if it sucks then i'll warn others. I dunno when i'll get back to the "unknown" but hopefully its soon. I honestly can't remember the name of the road or i would tell you. It's pretty much kept a secret on the other forum i look at sometimes (not very often), but if you go for a local ride with them they'll take you out there. Mostly i like to ride on SR-555 and SR-640 in bartow.

But so far i am happy with my new rear bt16, it doesn't seem to be wearing any faster than my contisports used to. Which means its not gonna give me great life, but it will be much better than 1500 miles :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts