Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These tires are the worst tires that I have ever ridden on. I mean the grip on them is descent but here is the problem. These are the oem tires that come on my bike. I just clicked 650 miles and they are already down to the wear indicators on the sides and the middle. I haven't even gotten on the power yet because of salt on the roads, the road temps, and I am still breaking my bike in. I would not recommend these tires to anyone unless you want to change your tires all the time. My riding style is in the mountains in the twisties. I have never gone down the interstate or done a burn out. I just can't see wasting my tires like that. As far as my psi I run 34 in the rear just like i do on my pp's and the pilot powers are a lot better and so is the tire life. I am just really disapointed in these tires and Brigestones tire life.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
36 was what i ran in it this past sunday for the front

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i did that my mileage would even been lower.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
You probably got the re-called ones (BT-002's) manufactured in France. My buddy had the same ones and they lasted about 400 miles and he got refunded. Hope you saved your receipts.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
You probably got the re-called ones (BT-002's) manufactured in France. My buddy had the same ones and they lasted about 400 miles and he got refunded. Hope you saved your receipts.
its OEM tire..

im wanted to try out the Pirrelli Dragon Rosso. but I learned they dont make em in a 190/55 :rolleyes:

im forced to look at other options.. i want the dragon supercorsas again but waaay too expensive.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they are the tires that came on the bike when i bought it brand new

·
Registered
742 Posts
its the bt002's i can't change the title of the thread for some reason
A buddy fitted his 954 with 002s for the track, and durability was kinda poor (1 weekwend)
On the other hand, grip was very good, similar to the Pilot Race, as he said.

I´ve never used 002s but I have a front BT14 (P.Power at the rear) by now, and I like the grip and durability at the track. Durability is about the same as Pilot Powers.
I ´ve a rear BT15 waiting

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
for the track i am sold on the supercorsa's

·
Registered
235 Posts
Got BT015's as OEM on my zx6 and I like them. But prolly won't stay with them... will prolly get pilot powers or 2ct's

I've gotten 4500 km's on these and the rear is finished

·
Registered
8 Posts
FWIW......I put a pair of Diablo Rosso's on this past week. 120/70 front and 180/55 rear. Unless you like the look of the wider 190, I don't think you will regret running them. I do realize that you do take away the small advantage of a wider contact patch at lean with the 190/55, but I've been roadracing and street riding for 12 years, and they felt great! Just throwing that out there, but I've heard from the Pirelli rep at our shop that the 190/55 is coming soon. Great tires anyway!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FWIW......I put a pair of Diablo Rosso's on this past week. 120/70 front and 180/55 rear. Unless you like the look of the wider 190, I don't think you will regret running them. I do realize that you do take away the small advantage of a wider contact patch at lean with the 190/55, but I've been roadracing and street riding for 12 years, and they felt great! Just throwing that out there, but I've heard from the Pirelli rep at our shop that the 190/55 is coming soon. Great tires anyway!
the last time i rode a 180 on a litre bike i woke up in a cemetary watching my zx-10r doing several kartwheels. So me personally will never put a 180 on a litre bike again. This bike turns very fast as it is so I am going to stay with the 190. Thanks for that heads up though :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
the last time i rode a 180 on a litre bike i woke up in a cemetary watching my zx-10r doing several kartwheels. So me personally will never put a 180 on a litre bike again. This bike turns very fast as it is so I am going to stay with the 190. Thanks for that heads up though :eek:ccasion1
First off.....You were riding on an 002 on the street. You probably got pretty good mileage for that tire on the street.....it is a track day tire afterall.

Secondly....I don't think it was the 180 tire that tossed your 10R into the cemetary. There are plenty of us riding around on 180's that are not exhibiting the same reactions.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First off.....You were riding on an 002 on the street. You probably got pretty good mileage for that tire on the street.....it is a track day tire afterall.

Secondly....I don't think it was the 180 tire that tossed your 10R into the cemetary. There are plenty of us riding around on 180's that are not exhibiting the same reactions.
well i dont have any confidence at all on riding a 180 again...its set in my mind from my accident and i would not feel safe on the bike at all with that on there...its just something that i went thru and dont want to again...as far as the street the pp's are the best that i have ever run...i just wont run brigestones again

1 - 20 of 41 Posts