Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone run these tires on the street yet? Im torn between what to get this time around. i loved the stock bt-016 and i put corsa III's on when i bought replacement tires. i am stuck with what to get, another set of corsa III's, going back to the bt-016 as they are a little cheaper in the cost department, or trying out the new BT-003rs's as they are the same cost as the 016's. any input on the 003rs would be appreciated.

thanks
anthony

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I currently have BT-003's. They are not as sticky as the PCIII's. The BT-016's are next up and they are actually stickier than the BT-003's, comparable to the PCIII's yet will last a lot longer.

Basically the BT-016's are the way to go for the canyon carver. PCIII's just dont last long enough.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats odd, from everything i have read on sites that sell the tires the 003rs are supposed to be a tire more in line with racing then the 016. i loved the 016 that came on the 08 but i had to try the dc3's. i got better life out of the dc3's then i got out of the 016's but that doesn't mean to much to me as i was at the drag strip more on the 016's then the corsa 3's. keep the opinions coming as i welcome them.

i am having a hell of a time finding a good quality green 525 chain though, anyone know of a good one? i really do not want to convert to a 520 if i don't have to but i do want the green chain so i might have to bite the bullet on that one.

thanks
anthony

·
Registered
199 Posts
The 003's are sick canyon tires, But you need warm weather and consistant aggressive riding to make them worth your while. They wont last as long as street rubber but its not that bad.

·
Registered
677 Posts
thats odd, from everything i have read on sites that sell the tires the 003rs are supposed to be a tire more in line with racing then the 016.
anthony
Can't believe everything you read:) I haven't used them yet BUT two of the tire reviews that I have read have said that the 016 actually has more grip BUT isn't as easy to contol when sliding.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I heard the 003rs fronts are off the hook = primo the rear 003rs are not as good as the front 003rs !

the 016 rear is killer rear tire with great feedback street and track great wear

the front 016 different story work well but i could never get much more them about 800-1000 miles before the side tread was toast

Im going to order a front 003rs & a rear 016 that may be the ticket and that set can be had for about 269.00 delivered to your front door so there may be a savings with that combo as well ?

I have tried many combos of tires & the dunlop GPA 209 soft compound on the front is the best so far and I love them vs 016 front

however the rear dunlop GPA 209 is like the front 016 I cant get any wear and IMO the dunlop GPA 209 on the rear dont work as well as the 016 on the rear ?

go figure LOL... good luck man

with tires = most every rider likes just a little different feel and some guys are faster then others so you need to give a few combos a try until you find something that you like !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts