1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
$279.98 front & rear free shipping
120/70-17
190/55-17
at http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ :thumbsup:
These are the 003Racing Street tires at the above link....not DOT race tires. Racing Streets although are awesome tires for the people who haven't totaly commited their bike to the track and still run on the street. More resistant to cold tear and made to withstand more heat-cycles.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My bad :sad:

·
Registered
648 Posts
These are the 003Racing Street tires at the above link....not DOT race tires. Racing Streets although are awesome tires for the people who haven't totaly commited their bike to the track and still run on the street. More resistant to cold tear and made to withstand more heat-cycles.
WTF??? There's only one 003 tire, they don't make a street version and a race only version of these? The ONLY difference would be that on superbike's website they don't give you an option if you want Medium, medium/soft, soft, etc. So it's more then likely gonna be a Medium compound. And unless your fast enough to be racing AMA or WSB you're not gonna be able to tell enough difference for it to really matter... BobFinnell you were right and not in the wrong with your cheaper find! Not really sure what K7ZX10RGuy is talking about?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
WTF??? There's only one 003 tire, they don't make a street version and a race only version of these? The ONLY difference would be that on superbike's website they don't give you an option if you want Medium, medium/soft, soft, etc. So it's more then likely gonna be a Medium compound. And unless your fast enough to be racing AMA or WSB you're not gonna be able to tell enough difference for it to really matter... BobFinnell you were right and not in the wrong with your cheaper find! Not really sure what K7ZX10RGuy is talking about?
Sorry but you are wrong; the 003RS is the street/track version whereas the 003R is the Race DOT available in various compounds. Thats what bridgestone did with the bt002R and Bt002R/S line but that is discontinued, replaced now with the Bt003

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sorry but you are wrong; the 003RS is the street/track version whereas the 003R is the Race DOT available in various compounds. Thats what bridgestone did with the bt002R and Bt002R/S line but that is discontinued, replaced now with the Bt003
Ok... i'll agree with you when you show me a website that sales a 003r/s AND a 003r tire. because i've looked and all i've found are 003r/s...:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
OK... nevermind, i FINALLY found a site that sold both the r and r/s version of the 003 version, but even still after reading up on them, there is almost no differences between the two with the exception of being able to choose your compound softness like i stated in my previous post. So i dunno if the extra $100 or so is worth getting the r's over the r/s versions unless your racing AMA or something...

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
My brother is a Bridgestone engineer (sorta)...If you want i can send you rock solid proof...give me you addy and I can work on it tomorrow... for now, here is the best thing i can find. And there is a huger difference between the two tires...maybe you and I can't tell...i am sure a real racer could tell though. Not worth the $100 extra for you and me probably

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Did some research, There are two different tires well four realy, street, hard, med., soft. http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/RoadRacing.aspx give it time to load the pdf. that is Bridgestones site. But I have not found a site that sells the road race dot bt003. Hope this helps clear things up

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
003 rs are not the 003 dot race tires

1 - 20 of 35 Posts