Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just installed a full brembo system with FLOATING rotors on my 2014 zx10r (3k km old) expecting a massive jump in braking performance

Net result has been that the ABS kicks in too early and regularly even in street riding. Have had a couple of close calls and am now disconnecting the ABS fuse till I figure out what the problem is. I have a brembo system on my 2011 Repsol too (but with stock rotors) and it works like a dream - but ofcourse thats the Honda C-ABS.

Could it be that the rotors are tripping the ABS because prior to the modification I didnt have this issue at all. I also believe that most of you who have installed a brembo master cylinder and pads w/without calipers have had a fairly good experience

Any help here would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
If you swap calipers on a gen4 ABS Brembo even suggest to disconnect your ABS!the only way to get a fantastic feel at the lever is to by-pass the ABS pump with brake lines direct from m/c to the calipers!!I have tried(rcs19,spiegler lines and gp4rx)believe me!the brake lever was just so doey untill I tried the by-pass!I plugged the oem lines from the ABS unit so no error codes!if you want ABS after your full Brembo install you will be disappointed in the result!TBH I didnt feel confident leaving the ABS connected after I had changed the full set up!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hi

Just installed a full brembo system with FLOATING rotors on my 2014 zx10r (3k km old) expecting a massive jump in braking performance

Net result has been that the ABS kicks in too early and regularly even in street riding. Have had a couple of close calls and am now disconnecting the ABS fuse till I figure out what the problem is. I have a brembo system on my 2011 Repsol too (but with stock rotors) and it works like a dream - but ofcourse thats the Honda C-ABS.

Could it be that the rotors are tripping the ABS because prior to the modification I didnt have this issue at all. I also believe that most of you who have installed a brembo master cylinder and pads w/without calipers have had a fairly good experience

Any help here would be greatly appreciated
Your rotors are already floating type. Just quiet. Brembo might sound jangly, other than that no real difference. No real gain from what you did; better off replacing stock pads with HH and leaving the rest of it alone. ABS is very finely calibrated to work with the OEM stock stuff as you have found.

If you are not highly experienced with the non-ABS setup then best return all to stock.

I went from my GSX-R 750, stainless steel lines, HH Galfer pads, well-bedded in and many track days, to my non-ABS Gen 4 ZX-10R next day, all stock brakes with rubber lines.

About flipped the ZX-10R over first couple of stops until I readjusted, brakes are great on GSX-R (one finger) but even MORE powerful on ZX-10R.

I suspect those with braking issues have not allowed the pads to bed in properly. Kawasaki did a great job on the brakes.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Your rotors are already floating type. Just quiet. Brembo might sound jangly, other than that no real difference. No real gain from what you did; better off replacing stock pads with HH and leaving the rest of it alone. ABS is very finely calibrated to work with the OEM stock stuff as you have found.

If you are not highly experienced with the non-ABS setup then best return all to stock.

I went from my GSX-R 750, stainless steel lines, HH Galfer pads, well-bedded in and many track days, to my non-ABS Gen 4 ZX-10R next day, all stock brakes with rubber lines.

About flipped the ZX-10R over first couple of stops until I readjusted, brakes are great on GSX-R (one finger) but even MORE powerful on ZX-10R.

I suspect those with braking issues have not allowed the pads to bed in properly. Kawasaki did a great job on the brakes.
Gixxer.com

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Have changed calipers M4, master RCS19 and the brakes are sweeeeet....
your rotors must be doing something maybe the sensor wheel its not at the same distance.

The only thing that makes the ABS kick differently is tire... if I use a really sticky tire at low speeds it will bite more...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts