Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted a Brembo rear caliper on their Gen5's?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Going off what Ive seen the gen5 axle is longer but it looks like the length is gained by the adjustment slots!a lot of gen4,s had that mod done!for what I'm not sure maybe the longer wheel base for stability at high speeds!have you a reason for your thoughts to change to a underslung caliper?a lot of racers do because of the ease to R/R rear wheel and lower centre of gravity!there is no instant and felt rear brake feel and power compared to oem!a great set of pads!braided lines will help plenty with your rear!if it's for quick wheel replacements captive spacers and a few other little tricks have been talked about many times!Fast Frank products are ching ching!a underslung carrier and Brembo P2/34 also $!can you give me a clue for your wants from this mod please so then my head can search for hopefully a good outcome
Cheers Peter

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,131 Posts
yes i have. i bought a new P34 Brembo 2 piston caliper and a custom underslung bracket. Then I bought a pair of Lightech adjusters machined to hold the rear caliper bracket. The rear caliper bracket I drilled and tapped myself. The bracket and caliper setup cost me about $240. And it looks TITS!!!! :crackup::crackup:
Has anyone fitted a Brembo rear caliper on their Gen5's?

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, you're making me really want Lightech adjusters again! :lol: I had them on my previous bike. I don't 'mind' fooling with the stupid nut/bolt adjuster but Lightech's are just so convenient :notworthy:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes i have. i bought a new P34 Brembo 2 piston caliper and a custom underslung bracket. Then I bought a pair of Lightech adjusters machined to hold the rear caliper bracket. The rear caliper bracket I drilled and tapped myself. The bracket and caliper setup cost me about $240. And it looks TITS!!!! :crackup::crackup:
Is there a reason (probably is and I'm just dumb lol) as to why the calipers are mounted upside down?

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Can you post a picture of the brake line routing from behind? I'd like to see how you secured it

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This my rear brake set up from the UK.

L74 do some nice quick release kits using Lightech chain adjusters.
Why do they opt for an upside down caliper? Don't you want a slight angle for bleeding and air bubbles?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
Why do they opt for an upside down caliper? Don't you want a slight angle for bleeding and air bubbles?
Underslung calipers are make for faster wheel changes and the caliper is pulled rather than pushed when under tension. There are mechanical advantages and it has nothing to do with bubbles and bleeding. There shouldn't be any air in there to generate bubbles anyway. :wink:

Also, the rear caliper is useless when the rear wheel is in the air! Go ahead and put one of them fancy Brembos on the rear and stomp on it! Or, just properly use the front brake and forget about the rear altogether.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
When I took Keith Codes California Superbike School, they a drill where you had to get the track and just use shifting.....no braking allowed anywhere on the circuit...was a good drill...

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,131 Posts
I really just did it for tire changes. I was using the Fast Franks caliper holder with stock caliper but the caliper was getting caught up on the rear wheel trying to remove it, scratching the rim constantly. This Brembo caliper is the cheapy one thats on comes stock on the RSV4RR. Nothing fancy like the billet calipers that are $900. But I do use the rear brake to change my lines track riding and racing.

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,131 Posts
i really didnt secure it with anything other than it clipped to the rear wheel speed sensor. I used a Spiegler Non-ABS rear line and just reversed the line from how normal installation is. The banjo on the caliper now has a slight pitch away from the wheel and is perfect length.
Can you post a picture of the brake line routing from behind? I'd like to see how you secured it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts