Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed a new adjustable Brembo 19 RCS unit on my 06 ZX10R. The brakes are SUPER strong. I have spiegler lines and the Nissin calipers on my 10R and I can't believe how strong the brakes are!

My question is for those of you that have these units what are your experiences and most of all what settings do you run on the street vs. track? The unit is adjustable from 18-20 and I'm just looking for what people have set thier's at before I start tweaking it. Thanks in advance guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice! I've been doing some surfing on the net on this master cylinder. I 've read that for track, it is prefered on 19x18 and for street 19x20.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's just a matter of personal preference. Just try both settings and see what you prefer. Neither is necessarily superior, it just comes down to your preference for lever feel.

In the 19x20 setting, the lever will be slightly firmer with less travel. In 19x18, lever effort is reduced slightly, and there is slightly more travel for a given amount of braking.

·
Formerly Barrak
61 Posts
It's just a matter of personal preference. Just try both settings and see what you prefer. Neither is necessarily superior, it just comes down to your preference for lever feel.

In the 19x20 setting, the lever will be slightly firmer with less travel. In 19x18, lever effort is reduced slightly, and there is slightly more travel for a given amount of braking.
+1

I've heard it both ways, that 18 is better for the track and 20 is better for the street and vise versa. Just pick whichever feels better to you.

btw how hard is it to switch between? Can you do it while riding or no?

·
Registered
226 Posts
You can't switch while riding, but it is just a simple matter of popping off a little rubber plug and turning the adjuster with a flat blade screwdriver.

·
Formerly Barrak
61 Posts
You can't switch while riding, but it is just a simple matter of popping off a little rubber plug and turning the adjuster with a flat blade screwdriver.
Thanks for the info. I'd really like to get one, but I don't know if I can justify the money.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's totally worth it IMHO. I've got mine sitting here on my desk, can't wait to install it, just waiting for my lines to show up. Since I put my first Brembo MC on a bike, now I can't go without on any bike.

·
Formerly Barrak
61 Posts
It's totally worth it IMHO. I've got mine sitting here on my desk, can't wait to install it, just waiting for my lines to show up. Since I put my first Brembo MC on a bike, now I can't go without on any bike.
Well right now I'm going to see if an R6 master cylinder will hold me over, if not I may just get one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
R6 master has too small of a bore (only 16mm). The ZX caliper pistons are too big for a small MC like that. R6 calipers have very small pistons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts