Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who have a brembo master cylinder, which brake switch is best for street/track use?

1. Brembo mechnical switch ~$60
2. doube banjo 2 wire pressue switch ~$20

Issue: Apparently the 2 wire pressure switch is flakey, you need to significantly apply the brakes b/f the brake light turns on.

Question: With the pressure switch setup, does it need lots of pressure to the point where it is unsafe to run on the street?

Trying to figure out if its worth spending the extra bucks.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think its best to get a good switch. On my ZX-9, for a while I was always getting cars almost hitting me from behind to the point I was getting really pissed at cagers in traffic and stopping. Then In a garage one day I noticed my brake light was not working too well due to the switch malfunction, so they (cagers) could not tell I was braking and, not being able to judge my speed, almost kept whacking me in the arse. Once I put a new switch on, no problems...well mostly. Cars have a hard enough time as is with bikes......don't give them even more and less braking distances...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
use the back brake first...doesn't it set off the brake light too? especially since that thing is soo spongy anyway

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, pressure switch it is. If it really sucked than i'm sure i would hear about it. I may use the rear brake a little more in high traffic situations.

Happy New Year :beer: :eek:ccasion1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts