Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a few months ago I upgraded my brakes on my 05 ZX10. I was really impressed with the rock solid feel when I pulled in on the lever......but.... when riding there doesn't seem to be any bite at all. The lever pull is solid, but doesn't feel like there is any grab at all from the pads onto the rotor. I was using EBC race pads on the stock calipers before I switched over and the ZX14 calipers had new stock pads in them.....could that be the issue?

I just got my carbone lorraine race pads in today, so hopefully that will make a difference. :dontknow:

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Maybe try bleeding the breaks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
certainly sounds like a pad issue.

BD
Thats what I am hoping it to be.... had EBC race compound in the stock ZX10 calipers before switching to the Nissin's. So, I am thinking that changed the surface of the rotors.

Anyone know if I should clean up the rotors first before fitting the Carbone Lorraines on? Not sure with what to do that with though....:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
yeah took a good 100 miles before my nissin zx14 STOCK pads started to really bite and kick ass with the Galfer wave rotors i am running.

running the same set-up basically and damn once they start working they are damn impressive for sure compared what is on the 04-07 bikes. now its about 80% of the 1098 set-up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts