Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i got 08 10r track bike. i'm looking to upgrade brake master cylinder with brembo. wich one will work better for full time track bike 19x20 or 19x18 ? what is the difference ?
thanks

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
hi
i got 08 10r track bike. i'm looking to upgrade brake master cylinder with brembo. wich one will work better for full time track bike 19x20 or 19x18 ? what is the difference ?
thanks
19X18 will give you more feel, 19X20 will require less lever travel for more power. Get the rcs brembo, you get the option to choose between the two. Lots of write ups on this!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have an 08 with the RCS master, Galfer superbike lines, and ferodo XRAC pads... this thing stops FAST! I rode with 19x20 on the track most of the year but switched to 19x18 the past two track days and the only difference I noticed was a little more rear end stability on initial bite. The rear end did not want to come up in the air as much, but my brake markers were still the same and still moving closer to apex. Just get the RCS and see what you like best. I am pretty sure TENN10 (member here I bought from before) has one for sale.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I have an 08 with the RCS master, Galfer superbike lines, and ferodo XRAC pads... this thing stops FAST! I rode with 19x20 on the track most of the year but switched to 19x18 the past two track days and the only difference I noticed was a little more rear end stability on initial bite. The rear end did not want to come up in the air as much, but my brake markers were still the same and still moving closer to apex. Just get the RCS and see what you like best. I am pretty sure TENN10 (member here I bought from before) has one for sale.
hey BD....you still run the stock rotors with that setup?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you run 2 lines off the master cylinder, one for each caliper, or 1 line and split with a "T", then run a line to each caliper?

-P

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
hey BD....you still run the stock rotors with that setup?
Yep, I still run stock rotors... I have two sets of wheels and stock rotors on all of them.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Do you run 2 lines off the master cylinder, one for each caliper, or 1 line and split with a "T", then run a line to each caliper?

-P
Some kits are 1 into 2, some are 1 from master to caliper, then 1 to the other caliper... Mine is 2 lines off the master to each caliper, Galfer superbike lines.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
just don't squeeze it too hard!! i think you'll fall in love with it broski

1 - 11 of 11 Posts