Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone please tell me what spacers do I need to get in order to install Brembo HP Calipers and 320mm rotors on ZX-10R, 2004? Not sure if I need to get 15, 18, or 20mm spacers.

Checked on Fred's website (yoyodyne) but he doesn't have a chart to tell what spacer goes with which bike. :dontknow:

Thanks a lot!:ayyy:

·
Registered
537 Posts
because you are going for the 320mm brembo rotor,and it's 20mm bigger than the stock 300mm rotor,so you will need 10mm spacers.
sorry for my poor english.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
because you are going for the 320mm brembo rotor,and it's 20mm bigger than the stock 300mm rotor,so you will need 10mm spacers.
Not so fast, the HP calipers require a spacer for the stock 300 MM calipers, I am at work right now, so I can not measure and tell you how big, but Fred at Yoyodyne, should be able to fix you up if you call him

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Would go out on a limb and say 15mm, as the small spacers which 9r is referrign to are the thinner version not the full 10mm units, and of course they have the bell top.
I will head downstairs and update this with the spacer thickness of the stockers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Logic mandates that I should get the 20mm spacers since the stock rotors are spec at 300mm. So a simple math illustrates as such:

320mm (Brembo Rotors) - 300mm (Stock Calipers) = 20mm Difference ==> 20mm spacers

But I could be totally wrong in my assumption.:dontknow:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries bro. It's all good.:ayyy:

I think you are on the right track but what I am having dificulty with is the 20mm differential between the stock rotors and Brembo's. If wrong spacers are used the calipers will NOT seat properly and cause the rotors to damage really fast.

·
Registered
537 Posts
9R TO 10R is right.i just forget the brembo hp calipers needs spacers for the stock 300mm rotors.

the spacer you need with 320mm oversized rotor would be "brembo spacers plus 10mm",for example,if brembo hp calipers need 5mm spacers for the 30mm stock rotor,you will need 15mm spacers ("5mm+10mm")if you go for 320mm rotor.

be careful,the 300mm or 320mm we named is the diameter of the rotor,but the spacer is showed the difference of their radius,and that's why 20mm Difference ==> 10mm spacers,hope this would help.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot everyone. Was able to talk with Fred this morning and got everything sorted out.

Cheers!:ayyy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts