Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I just thought someone could be interested in my gp4rx calipers!they are like new with stuff all klm!Im going for the gp4rr so before I put the on ebay and other places they have full titanium hardware with not 1 mark on them!Im asking $1400aus thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is the price to high guys?I checked on ebay and there askin $2500+so please let me no!frieght is no drama I will go halves with it!thanks again

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Peter they are good price, is just that 1400usd is not everybody that spends it on brakes only, you need patience.. a racer will for sure need those

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
those look sick but how much better are they over the stock rr set

GenV models uses 100mm Caliper Spacing not 108mm

With the correct master cylinder the GP4-RX in spite of being a 2pc versus the OEM monobloc caliper does offer better modulation of the braking force especially in regards to trailbraking than the OEM Gen5 Calipers. The difference is subtle, but definitely noticeable for those that really know how to use the brakes properly.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Is the price to high guys?I checked on ebay and there askin $2500+so please let me no!frieght is no drama I will go halves with it!thanks again

$1400 AUS is $975 USD which is a smokin good deal. I cannot sell new ones for anywhere close to that price.

·
Registered
346 Posts
right on, the gen 5 has the best stopping power of any bike I have ever had so it could be interesting to gain more feel and or control. My gen 1 had the stock shit for calipers and master, I Just upgraded to braided ss lines. The SE with the electronic suspension helps keep geometry more ideal so it seems to be even better. What's the best option out there for this ifbi were to upgrade and money were not an issue

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
right on, the gen 5 has the best stopping power of any bike I have ever had so it could be interesting to gain more feel and or control. My gen 1 had the stock shit for calipers and master, I Just upgraded to braided ss lines. The SE with the electronic suspension helps keep geometry more ideal so it seems to be even better. What's the best option out there for this ifbi were to upgrade and money were not an issue

I wrote an article relating to this
ROGUE RACING Brake Product Opinion

·
Registered
346 Posts
you hardly touched on the m50 monobloc calipers, and didn't say why one master cylinder is better than another. I guess that's why I was asking, was looking at masters the other day and didn't have the slightest idea why one would be better than the next when all brembo, I understand OEM stuff tends to be more just name vs actual aftermarket type race spec shit. Was hoping for enlightenment I guess. thanks for the read though, still have some of the higher end stuff by name but that's exactly what you said you wanted to get correct

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
If you are sticking with the M50 calipers and want to upgrade the master cylinder then use the RCS17

·
Registered
612 Posts
Somebody buy Peter's brakes! They're a fantastic deal.

If somebody doesn't buy them then my willpower might not hold and I might have to. To afford them I'll have to stop payment on my kids' braces and they'll both have twisted teeth for life. That'll make their mom mad and then things will go cold in the bedroom.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brembo gp4RR

ok everyone I will explain my choice to a GP4RR calipers!the GP before was a great set up no b.s!my one and only reason was weight and boys 1 kilogram that is a lot! now a gp4x without pads are a genuine 1000grams!the gp4rr without pads are around 590 grams!my rr will come with ti pistons not aluminium pistons this I made sure!I have been saving very hard and the financial side of the divorce went well!1000grams is a great reduction in weight so a no brainier for me!they are on back order so around 3 weeks they will be on and I have all the time in the world!I can't wait

w

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts