Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will they work with the stock forks and galfer lines? I was looking into them. Anyway Any info would be great and some other sites where I could find em would be helpfull. :badteeth: :helmet: :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
702 Posts
The bolt to bolt distance on the stock fork bottoms are 108mm. The Brembo calipers that I have seen are 100mm. Jeff from BrakeTech told me that Brembo is in the works of making some calipers for 108mm spacing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yehzx10r said:
The bolt to bolt distance on the stock fork bottoms are 108mm. The Brembo calipers that I have seen are 100mm. Jeff from BrakeTech told me that Brembo is in the works of making some calipers for 108mm spacing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i know the master cylinder is a good upgrade on our bikes from others post, but how much better could the brembo caliers be over the stock tockico's, i mean, can you brake just that much better? not trying to be an ass, just wondering if you did have them on the bike?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I have spoken with Dan Kyle in regards to this. My plan was to go for the cast Brembo 100mm's with my Ohlins forks, but upon Dan's advice he said that the stock Tokico's perform better than the Brembo Casts. Also, the Brembo's are also a little heavier. By all means, if you are going for *bling* get the Brembo's, but if you want a measurable improvement in braking performance from your calipers, you'll have to think about ponying up $3000+ for the Brembo Monoblock.

I replaced my master cylinder with a Brembo Radial, added SBS Race Siintered pads, and braided lines, and the brakes are now absolutely unbelievable. Much cheaper and the results are amazing.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do like the look but I had just assumed they would perform better. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
223 Posts
+ 1 on Rspec99.

Did the same thing (braided lines + Brembo PR19) and that's a blast !
It can probly get better but with much much more $$$

·
Registered
4,682 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Ara said:
Id love to give you a review of the monoblocks, but I havent ridden the damn thing yet...
Ara, well that just won't do. How about I'll do the review for ya? Just send them to me.... I PROMISE to send them back after the review... LOL :mrgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts