Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it might be nice to try a set of the M4 Calipers for my 05 ZX... I know they're not the best of the bunch, but they will be better than stock.

Just wanted to get an idea of which lines might be best suited to this particular caliper.

Any thought?

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
ok first off what is your current brake setup. I'm assuming SS line and the 19 RCS? What fluid are you using? How Aggressive are you being with your brakes and how often(corner and corner or the odd corner on the street?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok first off what is your current brake setup. I'm assuming SS line and the 19 RCS? What fluid are you using? How Aggressive are you being with your brakes and how often(corner and corner or the odd corner on the street?

Yeah, currently running with the 19RCS, Goodridge lines (in stock configuration), Galfer HH sintered pads and can get on the brakes fairly hard...

I was wondering if a line per caliper would work better, and which lines will have the best fit for the brembo calipers (as I noticed they attach to the stock calipers at the middle of the caliper and on the brembo's at the top of the caliper).

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I've only even ran aftermarket lines 2 from MC to each caliper so I can't answer that for you. Safe to say It wouldn't make a big difference especially for the cost of new lines. If you do get calipers and the banjo bolts are located differently you'll just have excess line which might be fine, usually only a rubbing issue or looks if that bothers you. Calipers are cheap and I've talked to a few people that have used M4s and nissins and say they are practically the same. Nissin's had better initial bite.

If you're willing to drop that much coin I think a far better option would be to get nissin calipers, upgrade the rotors from 300mm to 310mm and the proper spacers for the calipers. Don't forget longer bolts. It would be about the same or less depending on what rotors you go with and give you FAR more performance for your money.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm. I have been tossing up running a set of '08 CBR1000 calipers with (5mm?) spacers to see what difference I get.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
541 Posts
If you're willing to drop that much coin I think a far better option would be to get nissin calipers, upgrade the rotors from 300mm to 310mm and the proper spacers for the calipers. Don't forget longer bolts. It would be about the same or less depending on what rotors you go with and give you FAR more performance for your money.
+1
Running the RCS/Nissin combo and it is great.... But larger disks would take it to the next level for sure. R1 calipers (2007 I think?) get good reviews as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. So is there a set of lines that will fit up to the brembo calipers better than others at all?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
doesn't work like that. It's just length.
yup. the banjos are all universal. the only thing you have to make sure of is having enough slack in the lines. I put CBR600RR calipers on mine with 5mm spacers. Same caliper as the 1kRR, theyre much nicer than the original stuff. I went from ZX6R radial M/C, stock lines stock calipers to same M/C with Hel SS lines and 1kRR lines and the braking is pretty freakin good. I do need new pads though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts