1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Those look like the calipers that were standard on my 749R. Should be a great setup. Might need spacers depending on your rotors though. Fred at Yoyodyne is a good guy, he'll help you out.

Ara

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well no sooner did i post this, fred emailed me back asap and said these are 100mm calipers, zx-10r's need 108mm. so it looks like the $1500 hp's are the ones.

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
I didn't even notice they were the 100mm ones. 108mm is pretty much universal.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, thats why i emailed him and asked here, i can't believe brembo doesnt make it in 108m?? is this size from caliper bolt to caliper bolt?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
ya, thats why i emailed him and asked here, i can't believe brembo doesnt make it in 108m?? is this size from caliper bolt to caliper bolt?
yes BC to BC (bolt center -bolt center) = 108mm

those calipers would have certainly been superior to the OEM tokicos but since they are the cast brembo versions it may be hard to decern if they perform better than the OEM nissins.

BD

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Looks like the brembo pistons may work as well. 32mm OD, same as the oem tokico's. And they are drilled and nitrided. I have not removed the oem pistons to measure length though. Any idea? But at $94 each, person would prolly get the full nissin kit for that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Brembo will be offering the 1098 calipers soon (I believe retail to be around $1000 for the pair) Talk to Fred he will know

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have what on your bike? 1098 calipers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts