Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I was wondering if I can use the Galfer braided lines that are on my ZX10 now with a new Brembo radial master cylinder.
The bike also has Heli Bar risers.
Thanks Otto

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have the brembo radial MC with galfer lines... The heli risers might be a problem because the lines might not be long enough. Install and put the front up on a tree stand and test the length. If it looks good then fill the lines with fluid and enjoy

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
It will work but not with the banjo bolt that galfer supplies. Do not put the galfer banjo bolt into the brembo m/c. The pitch is wrong and it will strip and ruin the m/c causing it to leak. Make sure you buy a banjo bolt that goes with the brembo mc. And yes I am speaking from experience. Oh yeah I am not sure if the lines will be long enough.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
hmmmmmmmm, since the lines mount to a radial differently would that cause any probs??

BD

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Big Daddy said:
hmmmmmmmm, since the lines mount to a radial differently would that cause any probs??

BD
I have the brembo mc with galfer lines and it works fine, just gotta do a little adjusting to get everything lined up. No prob. I am still not sure if the lines will ne long enough with the helibars??

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I have the same set up, with the Galfer SBK lines and Brembo MC. It is a tight fit with the lines, but I believe there is just enough slack in the lines. I think with the risers there may not be enough slack.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I quess I want to know if when you put on the Brembo Radial m/c,did you have to use a different set of lines? Or did the lines you had with the stock m/c work? I have the Galfer (not superbike) lines with the stock m/c.

·
Registered
287 Posts
otto said:
I quess I want to know if when you put on the Brembo Radial m/c,did you have to use a different set of lines? Or did the lines you had with the stock m/c work? I have the Galfer (not superbike) lines with the stock m/c.
I think zx10ragentorange already answered this one.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
otto said:
Again, yes. This is the same setup I run. Brembo m/c with Galfer lines for the stock m/c. You may need to rotate the banjo fittings a bit to line things up, but they work just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts