Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a Brembo master cylinder and I have already the SS Galfer lines but I haven't installed yet.because some people say that I need new lines. what do you guys think do I need new lines or the ones I have are ok.
2005 ZX10R

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I just bought a Brembo master cylinder and I have already the SS Galfer lines but I haven't installed yet.because some people say that I need new lines. what do you guys think do I need new lines or the ones I have are ok.
Since the mounting angles are different between radial MC's and conventional MC's its very possible you'll require lines to fit the specific MC.
I forget what year 10 you have but if its an 06,7 that has the OEM radial they may fit but if not then yes new ones.

BD

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have galfer lines on my racebike and changed from stock mc to brembo mc with no problems.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had Goodridge lines on my '99 R1 before the Brembo and didn't have any problems fitting them, I think I gained a bit of slack as the lines mount lower on the m/c. The thing to remember with the Brembo swap is you'll need a Brembo reservoir and fluid line, and Brembo compatible banjo bolt, the thread is different but it fits the banjo on the lines ok. I got a banjo bolt with a built in brake switch to save having to make the original fit.

·
Registered
788 Posts
i have not done mine yet, but Trey used his old lines with a new brembo. if you have speigler lines you can turn them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts