Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Brembo 19mm RCS Radial Brake Master Cylinder?

I would like to know if there is a fairly significant advantage (besides adjustabilty) to running this over the stock 08 Master Cylinder setup?

I got one as a gift for Christmas. If its a good performance upgrade I'm going to use it. If its mainly just the adjustablity and the name, then I'm probably going to sell it and use the $ elsewhere.

http://www.superbiketoystore.com/sp...brembo-19mm-rcs-radial-brake-master-cylinder/

Thanks

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Better than Stock? Yes. If you ride on the street a lot it's a nice setup cause you dont need anything else (i.e. pressure switch) for brake lights. If you just track or race Id get the regular 19x20 and pocket the extra cash.

http://www.superbiketoystore.com/sp...bo-radial-brake-master-cylinder-19x20-forged/
The RSC can swich between 18&20.......Install it and sell the stock one....you won't be dissapointed....and whoever got that for you for Christmas.....you should be very very appreciative.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Better than Stock? Yes. If you ride on the street a lot it's a nice setup cause you dont need anything else (i.e. pressure switch) for brake lights. If you just track or race Id get the regular 19x20 and pocket the extra cash.

http://www.superbiketoystore.com/sp...bo-radial-brake-master-cylinder-19x20-forged/
Yes, I live in a nice part of the country and enjoy street riding as well as the track.

Just curious if the performance was better than the Radial stock.

Thanks

The RSC can swich between 18&20.......Install it and sell the stock one....you won't be dissapointed....and whoever got that for you for Christmas.....you should be very very appreciative.
I busted my ass getting my wife and I through school while I worked.:eek:ccasion1

I appreciate more than most. :wink:

I think I will go ahead and try it out. Thanks for the input.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
junk, i'll give you $100 bucks for it!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Has anyone tried the Brembo 19mm RCS Radial Brake Master Cylinder?

I would like to know if there is a fairly significant advantage (besides adjustabilty) to running this over the stock 08 Master Cylinder setup?

I got one as a gift for Christmas. If its a good performance upgrade I'm going to use it. If its mainly just the adjustablity and the name, then I'm probably going to sell it and use the $ elsewhere.

http://www.superbiketoystore.com/sp...brembo-19mm-rcs-radial-brake-master-cylinder/

Thanks
I have one on my BMW. I've got the radial MC off a zx-6r I think on my 10.

I've done trackdays in intermediate on the zx-10r and have no problems with the zx-6r radial MC.
I've done trackdays in intermediate on the BMW with the RCS and it worked fine as well.
I also have used an ISR master cylinder as well on the BMW.

I've seen the density of casting/forging of Brembo products and they are significantly better than the japanese counterpart, BUT this does not translate to a huge difference for me at least on the track or street.

2 step adjustability is useless, IMO. Find a ratio you like and you probably won't change it ever again. The good part about the RCS is the intergrated brake switch. Overall quality is not GREAT, but not bad either.

If you are planning to play with different calipers especially ones with bigger pistons, then I can see have the adjustability of the RCS or ISR. Becuase on BMW I'm running billet racing brembo caipers with the larger 32/36mm pistons (I think the zx10/14/6 calipers are 28/28?). 19x18 has far too much lever travel for me. 19x20 is barely OK.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have one on my BMW. I've got the radial MC off a zx-6r I think on my 10.

I've done trackdays in intermediate on the zx-10r and have no problems with the zx-6r radial MC.
I've done trackdays in intermediate on the BMW with the RCS and it worked fine as well.
I also have used an ISR master cylinder as well on the BMW.

I've seen the density of casting/forging of Brembo products and they are significantly better than the japanese counterpart, BUT this does not translate to a huge difference for me at least on the track or street.

2 step adjustability is useless, IMO. Find a ratio you like and you probably won't change it ever again. The good part about the RCS is the intergrated brake switch. Overall quality is not GREAT, but not bad either.

If you are planning to play with different calipers especially ones with bigger pistons, then I can see have the adjustability of the RCS or ISR. Becuase on BMW I'm running billet racing brembo caipers with the larger 32/36mm pistons (I think the zx10/14/6 calipers are 28/28?). 19x18 has far too much lever travel for me. 19x20 is barely OK.

Thanks. That's what I was looking for.

I doubt that I will need the adjustablity. I'm not planning on riding in the rain or swapping calipers.

The 08 of course already has a Radial Master Cylinder, so thats why I asked about the performance difference. I don't know much about braking systems.

However, I am curious to feel the difference for myself. I believe I will give the Brembo a try.:eek:ccasion1

·
Newfie Bullet
2,342 Posts
So bottom line,is it worth the 3 bills for a change up over the stock??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts