Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys
I have gen 2 ZX10r..
The thing is tail light works and its bright, i can see a lot of LED's inside..
Now idk how is break light supposed to be, im curious is it always on, or it doesnt work..
Because nothing happens when i step on breaks.. But light looks kinda strong anyway so it might be on all the time...
can some1 explain me difference between just regular tail light and tail light with break light on?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought a bike recently like this so thats why i dont know how it should look like :( Ill take a picture little bit later of my light on so u can tell me is break light always on or its just not working

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Let's get a couple things out of the way first.

1) Welcome to the party! :welcome:

2) It's a BRAKE light. You've got a BRAKE light that is BROKEN, because there's a BREAK in the system. But it's your BRAKE light that's the issue.

Phew. OK, there's 2 switches that activate the BRAKE light. One is under the lever near the throttle housing. The other is down on the right rearset and connects to the foot pedal with a spring. The switch itself screws into the bracket and allows you to adjust the height of it and how much the spring pulls on the switch plunger.

Most BRAKE light problems are a result of the rear switch being misadjusted or dirty and sticking.

The taillight should come on and the BRAKE light should be brighter than just the taillight. So if it's really bright, your BRAKE is probably stuck on and I'd be looking at the rear switch first.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,143 Posts
Let's get a couple things out of the way first.

1) Welcome to the party! :welcome:

2) It's a BRAKE light. You've got a BRAKE light that is BROKEN, because there's a BREAK in the system. But it's your BRAKE light that's the issue.

Phew. OK, there's 2 switches that activate the BRAKE light. One is under the lever near the throttle housing. The other is down on the right rearset and connects to the foot pedal with a spring. The switch itself screws into the bracket and allows you to adjust the height of it and how much the spring pulls on the switch plunger.

Most BRAKE light problems are a result of the rear switch being misadjusted or dirty and sticking.

The taillight should come on and the BRAKE light should be brighter than just the taillight. So if it's really bright, your BRAKE is probably stuck on and I'd be looking at the rear switch first.
Seven minutes to catch that one. Not bad...but you can do better. >:)

:crackup:

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Seven minutes to catch that one. Not bad...but you can do better. >:)

:crackup:
It took me a little while to get to my keyboard once the alert went off. I'm not as young as I used to be. :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are awesome, thanks for quick reply.. Ok here are some pictures

how tail light looks, with breaks or not

rear break, im guessing this wire is the switch or im wrong?? dont really know how to adjust it, the screw above seems to be tightened as much as it can(so wire can be loose as much, even tho wire doesnt seem loose when i touch it)

Front breaks(IM NOT SURE where the switch is, nissin calipers and break handle, so that might be when it got fucked up, breaks been changed recently by owner before me)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get it problem is the break light, sorry english is not the first language so sometimes i my sound confusing..
The thing i am trying to figure out firstly is the break light on all the time or its not working, i would say it is because it seems very bright..
I guess best way to tell is if someone has Gen2, so he can look at his tail light and check are there 9 LEDS with or without breaking?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or does the bike use the same bulbs with the breaks, just they light brighter?
I cant be sure because i bought bike like this but they seem very bright, and ive seen youtube videos where bike is sitting in spot without breaks and it has 9 leds lighting so that might be wrong way to check :p ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.