Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a slip on hotbodies gp exhaust on my 2015 zx10r. But it's REALLY QUIET!! does it need to break in a little, then all of a sudden, will be loud?? Or do I need to sell it immediately and get something loud??? Slip on only. No link pipe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same issue with the Akrapovic slip on (no link pipe). When put on it sounded nearly identical to stock. However, once you get rid of the big box underneath and put a link pipe on, it comes alive. In doing this though, I was highly recommended to have the bike tuned. I did it as the same time as installing the Woolich Racing products, so it worked out good.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the same pipe as you.it stays quiet.if you remove the cat it will get real loud.probably too loud.its a really cheap pipe, with like no packing.Im going to get a graves.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you get rid of the cat it'll get pretty rowdy. They're all going to be pretty quiet with the cat still attached.

I'd sooner buy a link pipe and run the OEM can (yes, it's ugly and huge) than keep the cat and swap the muffler.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the same pipe as you.it stays quiet.if you remove the cat it will get real loud.probably too loud.its a really cheap pipe, with like no packing.Im going to get a graves.
Graves is a good choice, I have the titanium one and its amazing. Deep grunt with a high whine.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I rode my 2011 zx10 with a link pipe but stock muffler and it was super loud. Thus, the muffler alone does almost nothing. Get a link pipe or a slip-on that eliminates cat, like M4 standard.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Level One Racing or DanMoto.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts