Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I picked up an 08 in may for 8800 OTD, found out i could have gotten it for 8370 OTD though. Now I found a local dealer has three 07's brand new on the showroom floor! I asked semi-seriously where negotiations would start and the salesperson told me 10.5k! I know that's a load but if i got an 08 for 8800 what should i expect to pay on one of these? Would it be ridiculous to offer them 6k in cash and if they refuse walk out the door? i saw a few dealers last feb offering 6999, any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I've seen 07 for 8 to 8,500 here, I would think alot of people would pay the same for either depending on what gen they like.
I say dumb consumers is what makes the world go round:lol::lol: What dumb prick would pay 8.5 for an '07 when you can actually get '08's, still in crate, for as low a $7,149.00???

·
La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts
I say dumb consumers is what makes the world go round:lol::lol: What dumb prick would pay 8.5 for an '07 when you can actually get '08's, still in crate, for as low a $7,149.00???
Not nessesarliy dumb, your just gonna have to pay more for the highly superior in every way second gen. :crackup:

Seriously though, the dealers are are flooded with 08-09's they can't give them things away.

The dealer is only gonna take so much of a hit off MSRP and the second and third gens are pretty close. At this point its a toss up, just because its a 07 don't mean they are gonna sell it cheaper, its still new bike vs new bike.

I would not pay more than 8k for either ( 07 or 08) though.

BTW were on earth are you finding new 08's for 7,149$:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The reason the dealers are asking more is REBATES.....Kawi offers rebates for certain year model bikes. No more rebates offered on 07's. However.....I am one of the DUMB CONSUMERS because I paid alittle more for my 07 at the dealer than the 08 they had($250)......why? Because the 08/09 is just not as tasteful in my opinion....To each his own. Now if some one gave me an 08/09 do have.....

Well I'd probly sell it, and upgrade my 07 even more goodies.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Not nessesarliy dumb, your just gonna have to pay more for the highly superior in every way second gen. :crackup:

Seriously though, the dealers are are flooded with 08-09's they can't give them things away.

The dealer is only gonna take so much of a hit off MSRP and the second and third gens are pretty close. At this point its a toss up, just because its a 07 don't mean they are gonna sell it cheaper, its still new bike vs new bike.

I would not pay more than 8k for either ( 07 or 08) though.

BTW were on earth are you finding new 08's for 7,149$:dontknow:
Crazy Freddies in Massapequa, Long Island, NY... That's what I got mine for:mrgreen:

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,612 Posts
WOW, that is a killer deal! Good thing they are not letting them go that cheap around here, I'd have a 3rd gen too.
No shit WTF, I got family in long island. Maybe I go there one weekend, break it in on some twisties, get the oil change, and then ride it back to Texas :badteeth:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Err.. you guys sure you didn't mean you got them for $8100 out the door for an '08 instead of $7100? I can't believe you got a brand new '08 for $7100 out the door, as that's way below dealer cost!!! For the original post on question on what to pay for a new '07 OTD. Do not give any more then $7000 OTD for a '07 model. I have friends in high places that can get used '08/'09's that are in mint showroom floor condition all day long for $7000. But that's used and will be in OEM stock form, but completely MINT as well!

·
Guilty by association
8,752 Posts
i just went on crazy freddys website, you are not joking they are cheap.

as far as the thread question goes, i would low ball the hell out of them. who cares if you hurt their feelings, tell them your reasoning behind it, and talk to a supervisor from the get go, so they dont have to play the "let me go ask" game.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,958 Posts
Thats a joke, I know threw out the country its going change from dealership to dealership, but we have a 07 zx10r brand new in red sitting up in my showroom at work and it has 6799 with 500 off with a cash deposit of over a 1000, so do the math you know. So you know I agree with the low ball thing a 110% cause its easy to find another buyer you know, so they wont sweat over it. Your not hurting any persons feelings haha

·
Registered
680 Posts
Thats a joke, I know threw out the country its going change from dealership to dealership, but we have a 07 zx10r brand new in red sitting up in my showroom at work and it has 6799 with 500 off with a cash deposit of over a 1000, so do the math you know. So you know I agree with the low ball thing a 110% cause its easy to find another buyer you know, so they wont sweat over it. Your not hurting any persons feelings haha
Killer deal...which dealer is that?

·
5,958 Posts
borward in ft. lauderdale, I travel between shops sometimes for parts ect. and I'm always looking you know at the show room. They only had one left in red, heck the 04-05 zx10r's with a couple miles on them are fetching 6900 out the door right now. More people want a 04/05 then the second gen. from what I have seen at are shops.

·
5,958 Posts
really, I picked up my 09 zx10r back in nov. 08 but I do work where I bought it and I paid 9800 out the door, they lost money as they say but we all know they didnt. My 09 was the first in palm beach county they said, I wanted the limited edition green one but after seeing one in person I'm much happier with my black and silver, that green was way to flashy. One word "cops" with colors like that. My 08 honda in all red every cop used to turn his head and look, now in all black they dont even look twice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.